Re: BP meds all round
- From: "GysdeJongh" <jongh711@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:02:58 +0200
"Alan S" <loralgtweightandcarbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:9db915tbosci50f2fstic3a03ven6k1l1e@xxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 20 May 2009 10:19:37 +0100, "Peter C"
"Everyone aged 55 and over should be taking drugs to lower their blood
pressure, a London-based expert says.
"High blood pressure is the biggest risk factor for stroke
blood pressure medication do have side-effects
my medication of choice for blood pressure red wine
My teetotal wife uses ultra-low-dose aspirin.
since my lifestyle got more healthy I have a rediculous low blood pressure.I got interested in why this happened and if there were side effects of a too _Low_ blood pressure.
I did not came across such an adverse effect (?) Of course it should not be so low that you faint.But "normal" is much lower than the average in our society ... :)
I'm now convinced that in my case the two biggest factors are :
1) I don't eat anymore salt loaded "factory food"
2) I now cook every thing myself from scratch and don't add any salt at all
Asperin has a lot of side effects which must be weighted against the suppost beneficial effect.The matter is quite complicated.No aspirin for me.
I drink the occasional glass of good red wine in weekends as a special treat.I don't know exactly why, but my body does not handle alcohol so well any more.So in my case it is far too little to exert any "therapeutic effect".
- Prev by Date: Re: BP meds all round
- Next by Date: Mickey Mouse's Voice Dies
- Previous by thread: Re: BP meds all round
- Next by thread: Re: BP meds all round