Re: Question from a lurker

In article <3165-49FE1853-3163@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
jdanford@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

What exercise is recomended for a 93 year old female Type 1 diabetic,
five feet four inches, 122 pounds, A1c 5.8, CHF, chronic neck pain due
to broken vertebra 50 years ago, unstable knee due to very old injury,
and insecure and painful 15-year-old hip replacemet?

TIA.
Jan

I would ask my MD and/or an experienced professional trainer or the
like. You've got a lot of variables at play, and I wouldn't take advice
on this from people without the appropriate training.

I will say that my beloved former endo (he moved out of state) told me
that the only patients over age 90 he'd met were ones who walked
regularly. Your knee and hip issues might make that difficult, which is
why I say consult a professional.

Good luck!

Priscilla

  • Re: Question from a lurker
    ... to broken vertebra 50 years ago, unstable knee due to very old injury, ... and insecure and painful 15-year-old hip replacemet? ... I would ask my MD and/or an experienced professional trainer or the ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Question from a lurker