Re: 76 lbs down, 15 to 24 lbs to go :)

"Chris Malcolm" <cam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6us2e9Fgp2daU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
High Miles <2Blues17@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Susan wrote:

High Miles wrote:

How do you know when your adrenals are insufficient ?

That really differs a lot from person to person, since other hormones
come into play and vary widely.

But from reading here, I see that folks on Byetta like Loretta and
Evelyn describe symptoms of it, from getting chilled (especially if
between 3-5 pm), nausea, headaches, diminished appetite, abdominal pain,
weakness, heat intolerance, light headedness, brain fog, low bp, or
highly variable bp, salt cravings. Some folks get flank pain, I get
blurry vision, or things seem greyer visually, less brightness. Feel
jittery, depression and sleeplessness in some folks. Very variable.

When I'm adrenally low, the insulin secretion from eating, even a small
amount, makes me feel worse, because insulin regulates adrenal function
in some ways, I guess is why.

Susan

My usual symptoms of low adrenal function are feeling lethargic in the
morning, feeling generally low in energy, feeling a bit fragile,
having widespread very mild muscle aches, and a great hunger for
chocolate.

So - what can you do to cheer them up, and make them function
properly again ?

Good diet, plenty of sleep but never lying in bed in the morning, at
least once a week walking or cycling briskly for at least an hour, and
at least once a fortnight some scary exercise. Those intervals are
simply what I ended up doing while my adrenals slowly improved. The
exercise ideas are simply based on a combination of what I read made
adrenal demands and what made me feel better and bouncier for having
done. Both my doc and my endocrinologist said it was extremely
unlikely my adrenal insufficiency would improve. In fact they started
out saying it was impossible and only backed down to saying extremely
unlikely when I badgered them with questions.

--
Chris Malcolm

There's a vitamin which affects the adrenal function.

VITAMIN Reference Guide

http://www.dstoddy.com/vitamins.html

The relevant section of this website:

Pantothenic Acid

Functions: Pantothenic acid is necessary for the makeup of
coenzyme A.
This factor is necessary during the intermediary metabolism of
carbohydrates,
fats, and proteins. Since this nutrient has an enhancing effect
upon the adrenal
glands, it becomes an important factor during stressful
conditions. This vitamin
is so closely involved with others of the B-group, that the
B-complex group
of vitamins should always be taken together as a unit. Single
dosages of
isolated B-vitamins can cause a rapid deficiency in others. Once
a balanced
combination of all the B-complex group is taken on a daily
basis, then
mega-doses of isolated B-vitamins can be administered for
specific purposes
without the fear of creating an imbalance or deficiency.

Deficiency Symptoms: Fatigue, headache, changes in personality;
Reduction in metabolic processes; Postural Hypotension,
dizziness,
rapid heart beat (this is because of the effect of the
deficiency on the
adrenal glands); Gastric distress, reduction of HCL and Pepsin
leading
to constipation; Burning sensation of hands and feet;
Inclination toward
hypoglycemia; Involved in the metabolic breakdown leading to
arthritis.

Source: SelfHealth by Dr. Steven E. Whiting

Robert Miles

  • Re: 76 lbs down, 15 to 24 lbs to go :)
    ... Some folks get flank pain, ... My usual symptoms of low adrenal function are feeling lethargic in the ... simply what I ended up doing while my adrenals slowly improved. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Labs/Statin
    ... surprise me if the adrenals were the main cause of diabetes. ... I expect all sorts of weirdness may be discovered in the endocrine system at some point as it *is* a very complex system. ... The thing about pantethine is, it seems to stimulate adrenal function, so while it's great for most folks, it stimulates adrenal hormones for my sister and I. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Anyone else had severe potassium loss on metformin?
    ... of trying to kickstart my adrenals without suffering withdrawal. ... days to develop symptoms, which in my case was a tightening of the ... effects of such a tiny dose, but they do make 1mgm pills. ... Not only do I sometimes discover useful things by reading ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: got my salivary tests back...
    ... I need my adrenals turned down while I'm still female! ... "excuses" for all my symptoms, didn't think it was a big deal, blew them off. ... thinking about trying DHEA, and my DHEA level is fine, and besides which it elevates testosterone further. ... You and I are the only two people I know to end up bedridden from metformin fatigue, but that other board is loaded with folks who get metformin induced AI, btw. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Extreme adrenal rushes after exercising
    ... to the signs and symptoms that you describe. ... You might be on Synthroid, for example, which might be related to the ... I guess it has something to do with the wear on my adrenals from too ... very expensive/extensive medical workup that was of no use. ...
    (sci.med)