Re: OT - Natasha Richardson

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:08:14 +1100, Alan S
<loralgtweightandcarbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On the other hand, equally weird, were your four-way stop
signs. I just gave up and gave way to everyone until no-one
was left - much to the chagrin of those behind me.

Yeah, that was my approach to them : )

Did you spot the rather rare "Oncoming traffic has right of way" signs
near my local station? They cause endless amusement in the summer, as
the locals and tourists try to manouevre... I'm ashamed to say that I
didn't know what they meant when we moved here, and it took me a
couple of weeks to look them up, giving way to everything in both
directions in the meantime!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

  • Re: OT - Natasha Richardson
    ... Nicky wrote: ... was left - much to the chagrin of those behind me. ... near my local station? ... D&E, 100ug thyroxine ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT: John Cleese letter to America.
    ... As the furriner in town I gave way to everyone ... in sight. ... Much to the chagrin of those behind me:-) ... Yeah, that was my approach:) ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Are you addicted to NOAA Weather Radio?
    ... yeah, yeah, sure. ... Our local station just came back on air after a 4 day outage. ... I must have checked for a signal 10+ times a day while the station was off the air. ... I can quit anytime. ...
    (rec.windsurfing)
  • Re: Petrol Direct
    ... > So has anyone's local station gone over a £1 yet? ... Yeah, about a fortnight ago. ... Choobs ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: Threshold MIA (1400 IA6-22)
    ... Yeah, I see my local station has it scheduled for next Tuesday. ... Rats. ... > Brad McGann wrote: ...
    (rec.video.satellite.tvro)