Re: $3 Sharps disposal fee.

In article <gq9gbm$rfg$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Julie Bove" <juliebove@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yet in NY the waste collectors themselves just dumped everything in the same
bin. They did NOT do this for NY in general, but just certain places like
hospitals and apparently military housing. Most people just threw
everything away. However, I knew we wouldn't live there forever and wanted
Angela to get into the habit of recycling, so I taught her to sort and put
in different bins.

Here in Boston we recently went from having to sort our recyclables for
weekly pickup to being given huge wheeled and covered recycle bins for
all recyclables together. I still feel a twinge of guilt when I put a
plastic bottle in with paper or vice versa!

PP

  • Re: $3 Sharps disposal fee.
    ... in different bins. ... all recyclables together. ... could take your newspapers in and cans could be recycled for money. ... Oddly they would not take back the cans if the tabs were broken off, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Recycling gone mad!
    ... We have three bins, a green one for ... non-recyclables which is collected weekly, ... (everything except paper goes in plastic bags and the council sort it ...
    (uk.radio.amateur)
  • Re: Not good enough
    ... bins" when she wasn't studying at a Famous University. ... a black one (rubbish), an orange one (recyclables) & a green ... one (garden waste). ...
    (uk.misc)
  • Re: Refuse collection and recycling
    ... is an alternative collection, one week non recyclables, the next week ... I am not in favour of councils being bullied as they are, ... so that's 240 litres per week. ... And one of the bins is for compostables only, ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: Quilting Activities
    ... I partially reorganized, sorted, etc. Made piles in the guest room, to sort and store. ... sigh. ... And somehow or other has managed to put stuff that was in the same place in different bins and stuff that was in two different rooms into the same bin. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)