Re: OT: conversations about life

"DonnaB shallotpeel" <shallotpeel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:090jn4p5ou61n036i2j4qaljg4rcq69ql1@xxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 18 Jan 2009 20:18:17 +1100, in
<grs5n451mv97shs76hgimc71u3li4n8sup@xxxxxxx> Alan S
<loralgtweightandcarbs@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am I the only person here who lived through the '60s, '70s
and '80s without using any non-prescription mind-altering
substances other than alcohol and nicotine?

By chance I asked the same question on the ADA forum this
week:-)

I didn't try to live through them without ... However, I knew I didn't
need it
(except later when I realized nicotine was or had grown to be different
for
me) and I didn't begin with any of it until after I was 18 & very little
of it
until I turned 25 ... then, I began to experiment a little more. I never
had a
regular habit of anything except caffeine and tobacco. I couldn't afford
dally much in non-RX drugs. Were it today I couldn't have afforded the
nicotine habit! I had it bad. I was great at quitting, too. But, I had a
hard
time *staying* quit! So, I quit about a dozen times over 10 years.
Succeeded
Mar. 9, 1991. I haven't done any 'funny' drugs in decades+. I don't drink
often, although since learning about red wine & its positive properties
for
me, I do occasionally drink some red wine. Currently I'm into this Shiraz
stuff! Yum.
--
: ^> DonnaB <*>
..

Robert Miles

  • Wow... I made it one year =) Call me Old Foggie!
    ... I've not had any nicotine at all for a year. ... I quit cold turkey. ... After a few hours of being off the cigs, ... Sometimes I had to embrace the crave. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Wow... I made it one year =) Call me Old Foggie!
    ... I've not had any nicotine at all for a year. ... I quit cold turkey. ... After a few hours of being off the cigs, ... Sometimes I had to embrace the crave. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: OT: conversations about life
    ... (except later when I realized nicotine was or had grown to be different ... I quit about a dozen times over 10 years. ... I do occasionally drink some red wine. ... I know someone even better at quitting cigarettes. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Planning to quit tomorrow
    ... Have you tried all the quit smoking magic cures and yet still find yourself ... If a former nicotine addict uses any nicotine, even one puff, they ... Quitting smoking is a temporary period of adjustment during which a nicotine ... Crave Episodes - Psychological recovery also normally peaks at about day ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)
  • Re: Data points from Bill S.
    ... Cool post, Bill. ... It's one of the best things I've seen in a good quit. ... not smoking is letting some things come to the ... | nicotine I was feeling really bad - the worst I've ever felt. ...
    (alt.support.stop-smoking)