Re: Insulin Dosage Question

"Trinkwasser" <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:0lu2r4194a7idvv9ipn3q2tgp6jq62p2sl@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 23:57:13 +0100, "GysdeJongh" <jongh711@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Trink,
as you can see above I only talked about myself.Every body has to decide
for
himself what strategy to follow on what evidence of course....

<snip>

Actually I suspect that since my problems are almost entirely
postprandial, Byetta would probably be a good solution for me too.
That's if the diet and exercise fails as it is so far not doing. The
IR is greatly improved but the liver IR/glucagon

GLP-1, Amylin, Grehlin, Leptip, Resistin, Akt, TCF7L4, Sirt1, Anandamide and
a few I forgot and the others that were not yet discovered by us.Where else
do you have significant snip's ?

problems didn't
respond to exercise like the muscle IR, which may be why some of my
athlete relatives still have unstable BGs. ALA seems to have improved
that part of the control system. Not whacking the system with great
lumps of carbs is probably the best treatment for me.

That's really the problem, so many different diseases with the same
name . . .

Hi Trink,
See : http://www.ijcp.org/improve/

Table 1 Pre study BMI=27 and Table 4 final.No weight change.Thus their BMI
stayed the same and patients were thus over weight....

Table 3 final visits :
HbA1c = 7.8
Fasting bg = 8.3
Breakfast PP bg = 9.1
Lunch PP bg = 9.4
Dinner PP bg = 9.5

The dokter is very pleased with this results (?)

My BMI, HbA1c and all bg are all _Very significantly_ better for 4 years
now.Seen "Saving Private Ryan" ? Patients were FUBAR with the current best
insulin therapy... No insulin for me
Gys

  • Re: Gastrectomy is an effective operation for the treatment of T2 with BMI 21-29.
    ... My fear is to end up in a downward spiral of insulin injections an BMI ... 96 % of the patients achieved glycemic control without antidiabetic ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Gastrectomy is an effective operation for the treatment of T2 with BMI 21-29.
    ... My fear is to end up in a downward spiral of insulin injections an BMI ... BMI, decrease in hunger, it will free me of all medication AND may even ... 96 % of the patients achieved glycemic control without antidiabetic ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Insulin Dosage Question
    ... This is what I want when exercise and diet don't work nolonger because ... here is the best free current insulin trial: http://www.ijcp.org/improve/ ... Table 1 Pre study BMI=27 and Table 4 final.No weight change.Thus their BMI ... stayed the same and patients were thus over weight.... ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: A test for Glass318
    ... glucose in such a way that energy is released in the form of ATP, ... aminoacids and free fatty acids. ... e) Insulin is a hormone that your body calls whenever your ... Type 1A patients do not produce insulin because their bodies have ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Relation of Body Mass Index to Outcome in Patients With Known or Suspected Coronary Artery Disea
    ... I have heard before that lower BMI and cholesterol is associated ... Gruberg et al12 studied patients who underwent percutaneous ... term mortality risk was similar across all BMI categories irrespective ... Thus, overweight or obesity ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)