Re: Higher Fat Lower Carb Bad for Type 1s

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:59:52 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker" <wbaker@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Type 1 and type 2's have different problems regarding their diabetes. Tpe
1's lack insulin but are generally, not insulin resistant, etc. It is no
surprise that they respond well to a closer to normal diet than type 2's
with their group of problems. It seems that there may well need to be two
diet approches to teh two kinds of diabetes raher than lumping everyone
together on a type 1 diet full of all those "healthy" whole grains that
can drive some type 2's blood sugars to distraction.

Not only that but there are so many variants of Type 2 that I actually
believe from observation that a very small percentage actually do make
a low fat high carb diet work. However they are far and away outvoted
by those who do better on the opposite (and the same is true for
nondiabetics)

  • Re: A.sediba diet
    ... "The diet of Australopithecus sediba" ... that the S.African australopiths might be closer relatives of chimpanzees than of humans or gorillas (and consequently had a diet overlapping that of chimps incl. ...
    (sci.anthropology.paleo)
  • Re: Airline Tips for Large Passengers
    ... overhaul my diet. ... Gone are the days of riding up to my girlfriend's ... I've been getting closer and closer with practice. ...
    (rec.travel.air)
  • Re: I just started the Rosedale Diet 3 days ago
    ... It is as valid as any other carb controlled diet, but emphasises total avoidance of grains and a higher fat consumption to control appetite. ... It just happened that the foods I ate appear close to the recommendations in Rosedale. ... I suppose that my maintenance method would be closer to South Beach than any other, but when first losing the weight, it was fairly similar to Rosedale. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: I just started the Rosedale Diet 3 days ago
    ... It is as valid as any other carb controlled diet, but emphasises total avoidance of grains and a higher fat consumption to control appetite. ... It just happened that the foods I ate appear close to the recommendations in Rosedale. ... I suppose that my maintenance method would be closer to South Beach than any other, but when first losing the weight, it was fairly similar to Rosedale. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: I just started the Rosedale Diet 3 days ago
    ... What is the Rosedale diet? ... I eat a moderate amount of grains, but nowhere near the quantity that I ... I suppose that my maintenance method would be closer to South Beach than ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)