Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...

Peppermint Patootie wrote:
In article <EnEql.10157$v8.7746@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Frisbee®" <discgolfdad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is going to stick a camera up my butt.

Interestingly enough, the pamphlet that comes with the appointment
information explains that if you're diabetic, you are not to take
your medication the morning of the procedure, and it also states
that in addition to drinking laxatives and giving yourself an enema
beforehand (yay) you are to subsist on a liquid diet for 24 hours
prior. They suggest broth, coffee, tea, and jell-o. You'd think
that since the note what to do medication-wise if you're diabetic,
they'd also suggest how to get some carbs (other than the obvious -
drink sugared drinks, milk,

Milk is not clear. You need only clear (non red) liquids.

I was afraid of that... I was really hoping I could drink some milk.

  • Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...
    ... your medication the morning of the procedure, ... They suggest broth, coffee, tea, and jell-o. ... Milk is not clear. ... I was really hoping I could drink some milk. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...
    ... medication the morning of the procedure, and it also states that in addition ... to subsist on a liquid diet for 24 hours prior. ... the obvious - drink sugared drinks, milk, ... Milk is not clear. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT - Good Medical News
    ... It occurred to me you could use protein powder shakes - which you can ... I have some Protein drink mix that I add a bit to milk, ... I have been with the same vet for 24 years. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Currently on topic for USAians - Canadian advice to cure a hangover!
    ... 1/2 oz Amaretto Di Saronno® liqueur ... simply a near sure fire inducer thereof, is not one in which I would drink ... especially the vanilla extract part. ... ounces whole milk (well-chilled ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Re: What Fires You Up in a Morning?
    ... and I drink my tea with milk and sugar. ... it's usually decaffinated coffee for the rest of the ... To stay on topic for this usenet group, I will say that the best "daily" food I ever had was in Karlsruhe, FRG. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)