Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...

In article <EnEql.10157$v8.7746@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Frisbee®" <discgolfdad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is going to stick a camera up my butt.

Interestingly enough, the pamphlet that comes with the appointment
information explains that if you're diabetic, you are not to take your
medication the morning of the procedure, and it also states that in addition
to drinking laxatives and giving yourself an enema beforehand (yay) you are
to subsist on a liquid diet for 24 hours prior. They suggest broth, coffee,
tea, and jell-o. You'd think that since the note what to do medication-wise
if you're diabetic, they'd also suggest how to get some carbs (other than
the obvious - drink sugared drinks, milk,

Milk is not clear. You need only clear (non red) liquids.

sugared jell-o) to sustain you for
that time period.

I'm sure many of you in here have been in this boat (so to speak) and was
hoping for some decent suggestions. The date is not until sometime in
April, but I'd like to get some ideas now to prepare.

Bill "Frisbee" Hileman

PP
.