Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...

In article <EnEql.10157$v8.7746@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"Frisbee®" <discgolfdad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is going to stick a camera up my butt.

Interestingly enough, the pamphlet that comes with the appointment
information explains that if you're diabetic, you are not to take your
medication the morning of the procedure, and it also states that in addition
to drinking laxatives and giving yourself an enema beforehand (yay) you are
to subsist on a liquid diet for 24 hours prior. They suggest broth, coffee,
tea, and jell-o. You'd think that since the note what to do medication-wise
if you're diabetic, they'd also suggest how to get some carbs (other than
the obvious - drink sugared drinks, milk,

Milk is not clear. You need only clear (non red) liquids.

sugared jell-o) to sustain you for
that time period.

I'm sure many of you in here have been in this boat (so to speak) and was
hoping for some decent suggestions. The date is not until sometime in
April, but I'd like to get some ideas now to prepare.

Bill "Frisbee" Hileman

PP

  • Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...
    ... your medication the morning of the procedure, ... beforehand you are to subsist on a liquid diet for 24 hours ... Milk is not clear. ... I was really hoping I could drink some milk. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT - Back home again ! (long, possibly boring medical details)
    ... I bought a copy of "Medication and Mother's Milk" by Thomas Hale, it's probably the most comprehensive reference to possible affects of medication on the breastfed baby, so if you ever want me to look anything up, give me a shout! ... When I had an allergic reaction back in October and because it affected my BP, they put me on a cardiac ward and the poor nurses were rather bemused at me asking them to put my milk in the fridge! ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...
    ... the pamphlet that comes with the appointment ... medication the morning of the procedure, and it also states that in addition ... the obvious - drink sugared drinks, milk, sugared jell-o) to sustain you for ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...
    ... your medication the morning of the procedure, ... They suggest broth, coffee, tea, and jell-o. ... Milk is not clear. ... I was really hoping I could drink some milk. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: For my fiftieth birthday present, the VA...
    ... the pamphlet that comes with the appointment ... medication the morning of the procedure, and it also states that in ... get some carbs (other than the obvious - drink sugared drinks, milk, ... sugared jell-o) to sustain you for that time period. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)