Re: And the healthcare professional SAID WHAT????

On 8/4/08 9:09 AM, in article g779ju$vtp$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Michelle C" <bookbug_35@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

"terryc" <newssixspam-spam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 10:23:10 -0700, Michelle C wrote:

I dunno, I FEEL so much better let alone how my numbers are improved,
I really find it hard to comprehend how anyone would consciously
choose not to do this.

Sometimes I think they've felt bad for so long, they can't remember what
it
feels like to feel good. But truly, I'm just as baffled as you are.

The cynical blunt explanation is that most people are good sheep in
society and to improve their situation vis diabetes, they actually need to
go against the mob/herd/flock and be different.

That is a good point, Terry. So many of our social customs revolve around
food. I'm fortunate because my family members all support my methods of
maintaining BG through diet, so at holidays it's no big deal if I eat
something different. However, I've heard several people on this group say
that isn't true in all families, and they are pressured to eat things that
will cause a spike. In the face of "peer pressure" it takes a lot of mental
energy to fight that. And most people don't even want to try. It's more
important to be just like the group.

And sometimes it's just to keep peace in the family. The stress just isn't
worth it. Know. Been there done that.

--
Martha T2 Canada
1500mg. Metformin, 4mg. Avandia

  • Re: And the healthcare professional SAID WHAT????
    ... I really find it hard to comprehend how anyone would consciously ... maintaining BG through diet, so at holidays it's no big deal if I eat ... In the face of "peer pressure" it takes a lot of mental ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Ice Cream recommendations?
    ... family members are trying to find some sort of dessert I can eat. ... so haven't experimented much in that regard. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Thanksgiving Plans, anyone
    ... Family members have their favorite holiday specific dishes, ... varied stuffing enough over the years that I get away with minimal ... but we eat it for dessert. ... he's on a medically supervised weight loss program and cannot ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: And the healthcare professional SAID WHAT????
    ... In the face of "peer pressure" it takes a lot of mental energy to fight ... My family has never made me feel odd about what I do or don't eat from the ... The only thing my folks would ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: When you cook-Do you want to eat it?
    ... Hey there isn't much food I won't eat. ... if you have family members who don't like either, ...
    (rec.food.cooking)