OT: Do I have a dose mentality?
- From: Quentin Grady <quentin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:15:45 +1200
Do I have a dose mentality?
Well that is the big question when it comes to responding to the new
How many of us avoid the inconvenience of eating traditional fruit by
dosing up the super fruits such as gogi that provide supplemental
levels of antioxidants?
Come on fess up.
The five a day campaigns for fruit and vegetables have been very
successful. So has the five colour campaign here. Not only for the
nutritionally minded but also for the growers. In Australia every
percentage increase in consumption translates into millions of
dollars. I'm wondering how much the fear of consumers dosing up on
super fruits is driven by fear of losing the odd million in this
T2 diabetics undoubtedly form a special group with different concerns
from the rest of the population. For instance many find eating
bananas is fraught with fear of high blood glucose. For them having
super fruits with higher concentrations of antioxidants per gram of
carbohydrate make lots of sense. Well it does to me.
What is your opinion?
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, >#,#< [
/ \ /\
"... and the blind dog was leading."
- Prev by Date: The Stories About Diet and Diabetes
- Next by Date: Re: And the healthcare professional SAID WHAT????
- Previous by thread: The Stories About Diet and Diabetes
- Next by thread: Re: OT: Do I have a dose mentality?