Re: OT - help coffee maker

Dennis R. wrote:
In article <6fbofuFausbeU1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, nevermind@xxxxxxxxxx says...
x-no-archive: yes

W. Baker wrote:

Well, I had some great coffee this morning using the brand new Farberware electric percolator that arrived yesterdaay to replace the one that died last week. I find that using a perc with a fner grnd than is usually called for by the manufacturer adn the coffee grinding machines whee I buy the coffee makes great, strong coffee. I find the auto drip Mr. coffee type machines not as good, too big on the counter adn I always used o break the d-mned glass carafes.

Just thought I woudl put in my 2 cinets. Of course, you realize that I drink my coffee black with no sweeener. That's how I learned to drink it back in High School when I wanted something to drink with the crowd when they were having cokes. No artifically sweetened ones way back then.

Wendy, you and my late mom are the only two folks I know who still like perked coffee best. I used to love the sound of it.

I use a Technivorm drip maker with a thermal carafe for drip coffee. It is ugly as sin, but makes coffee the exact right temp with a good sprinkler head for water distribution over grounds, and doesn't cook it on a burner afterwards.

Susan

Susan:

Someone is finally selling Tenivorms in Canada - on line from Calgary, Alberta. The prices started at CAN $265 + $21 shipping by Canada Post parcel post rate (2 - 6 weeks shipping time, or whenever they feel like it).

Time to start saving my pennies! ;-)

Dennis (Type 2)

ok, being as i live in Calgary, i was very interested in this and wanted to find out more

unfortunately google doesn't like me :(

do you have a link?

thanks!

--
kate
type 1 since 1987

  • Re: Make Coffee in Truck?
    ... I have given this a lot of thought, and while some are a fan of French ... drip makers just don't do a good job at one or two cup batches. ... someone told me about using a coarse grind coffee. ... most drivers I know drink more than ...
    (misc.transport.trucking)
  • Re: How Redneck is This?
    ... dennis wrote: ... Burley in a cob. ... Gentlemen, I eat meals like this all the time, but I assure you I am no ... all the coffee I can squeeze in before I go to work. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: OT - help coffee maker
    ... I find that using a perc with a fner grnd than is usually called for by the manufacturer adn the coffee grinding machines whee I buy the coffee makes great, ... I find the auto drip Mr. coffee type machines not as good, too big on the counter adn I always used o break the d-mned glass carafes. ... That's how I learned to drink it back in High School when I wanted something to drink with the crowd when they were having cokes. ... The prices started at CAN $265 + $21 shipping by Canada Post parcel post rate (2 - 6 weeks shipping time, or whenever they feel like it). ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Its happening all over again.
    ... granted, you'll have to get rid of the grounds, later. ... to be ready with proper coffee. ... quicker and less messy with a drip coffee machine, but I don't drink ... drip machine/espresso combined. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: OT - help coffee maker
    ... the coffee makes great, strong coffee. ... drink my coffee black with no sweeener. ... I use a Technivorm drip maker with a thermal carafe for drip coffee. ... weeks shipping time, or whenever they feel like it). ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)