Re: I did it!

More kudos from me..
I know and can appreciate what it takes to accomplish this.... a lot of
exercise and will power for starters.

Jackie
DX Dec 2006 - 8.2
D&E, Metformin 500 2X
Last A1c 10/29/07 5.0

"Oleg Lego" <rat@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Saw the doc this morning, and he gave me the results of my A1C.

5.1!

Yes! I think he was almost as happy as I was. He did everything but
jump up and down.

Lost 30 lbs, 5 inches off my waist, and I showed him I could now touch
my toes (haven't done that for at least 10, possibly 15 years.

I told him about a.s.d, and he told me to just keep doing whatever I'm
doing. He says that about 2% of his patients take diabetes seriously
enough to gain good control, and three of the ones that don't, are
doctors.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone here for their
help and advice.

--
Larry, T2, Saskatchewan, Canada.
DX 24 Aug 07. D&E

  • Re: recently diagnosed, afraid to take glucose tolerance test
    ... I snipped a lo of good advice to make it easier to follow. ... I have been on Metformin for over 10 years now. ... in combinatin with diet and exercise that's ... I do tai chi every morning before breakfast, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: recently diagnosed, afraid to take glucose tolerance test
    ... I snipped a lo of good advice to make it easier to follow. ... I have been on Metformin for over 10 years now. ... in combinatin with diet and exercise that's ... I devised a breakfast of about 1/4-1/3 C cotage ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Metformin or Actos?
    ... to help keep the BG level under control. ... Metformin and that seems to be the drug of choice on the ASD group. ... medications but it seems it might be necessary to control the fasting ... Exercise in the afternoon and evening seem ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Starting Glucophage
    ... Then once the body has got used to eating less carbs it seems a finetune is then in order. ... The other issue that's REALLY beginning to concern me is that I'm up to nearly 45 units of Novolin N (along with 2x500 Metformin) every day and my levels STILL aren't where they need to be. ... How much insulin can we take? ... Are you able to do any exercise. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Diabetes and Aerobics
    ... Seems even though I eat carbs before my workout, I go low to 4.1 to 4.9. ... I've even dropped my dose of metformin from 500mg/2x to 500mg/1x per day ... A lot of doctors expect you to be average - no exercise ... I don't need to be bonking ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)