Re: Taste preference begins early

"John" <jcarney44@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:a5d97e28-a9af-4c09-915b-2597f4db8aa2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Dec 3, 4:09 pm, "BillW50" <Bill...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

As things like
beef doesn't change my blood sugar hardly at all. Even if you eat tons
of it. And the nice thing about beef is that it gives you the full
feeling many times longer (a half a day or longer). Vegetables are the
worst though! As nothing you eat makes you hungry so fast again. Sad but
true. :(

--
Bill

I've eaten exactly 1 lb of beef since my heart attack last April. Two
8 oz steaks at two different times. One of the cardiologists who
treated me at the hospital said to limit red meat, I guess I took him
too seriously. My main cardiologist is much more lenient, and thinks
I've gone overboard eating so little red meat but I've found that I
don't miss beef at all.

John C.

I'm convinced that red meat blocks up our colon if eaten regularly. I dont
think this from reading about it, I think this because of my own personal
IBS condition. After a barium enema (wont go into details here!), the
consultant found a blockage in my colon and pulled it out - my IBS went
away. On speaking to him about the foreign body he pulled out, he said it
looked like a piece of meat that had attached itself to the wall of my
colon. How long it had been there was a mystery. But I had suffered with
IBS (which used to called "spastic colon") since I was around 5 years old up
to mid 20's, when I had the enema.

I still eat red meat, but not often - maybe once a fortnight.

Since my dx I'm right into oily fish (especially mackerel - yum) and copious
amounts of green salad with it. I eat chicken regularly and will have the
odd bit of lamb or pork, but only occasionally.

I'm veering towards vegetarianism - as I love the thought of eating plant
protein as opposed the potential "colon-clinging animal flesh" we consume.
But that's my own pesonal opinion on the matter, guys!!

  • Re: Taste preference begins early
    ... And the nice thing about beef is that it gives you the full ... As nothing you eat makes you hungry so fast again. ... I've gone overboard eating so little red meat but I've found that I ... I'm convinced that red meat blocks up our colon if eaten regularly. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Eating Fish, but Not Supplements, Cuts Stroke Risk
    ... Not all red meat is the same. ... If mankind wants to eat beef it *must* be industrial scale ... So either Rousseau said it, or the roman figure he created said it, or Marie Antoinette said it. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Eating Fish, but Not Supplements, Cuts Stroke Risk
    ... Not all red meat is the same. ... If mankind wants to eat beef it *must* be industrial scale ... I do believe that most of us here in whatever country, learned this in school about Marie Antoinette. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: Study Finds Eating Red Meat Contributes to Risk of Early Death
    ... So I eat less of it for that reason, but I am certainly not going to avoid beef because of this study. ... do with the quality of the meat, or what affect it might have on my health, but they are purely humanitarian. ... But these studies that suddenly demonize "red meat" or whatever, ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)
  • Re: OT - Re: Program templates as Object Classes
    ... > toward customer-focussed beef cattle production and breeding systems. ... All of the Feedlots are part of the ... suggest that genetically superior animals could be managed differently. ... It was too high a risk to really eat ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)