New Diet Control Software need Beta testers

My name is Michael Simpson and I am a Type 2 Diabetic. I am also a
software developer. I realized that even with medication that I needed to
take control of my diet.

One thing I realized as I started to keep a food diary was that we tended to
eat the same foods. We ate the same dishes with slight variations. Even
when I went out to dinner at restaurants I ordered similar foods.

I created HealthAtHand with this in mind. While it does have a USDA
database with over 10,000 items I find that I use the custom food and recipe
database more.

I have just created HealthAtHand 2.0 and need some beta testers. The
original HealthAtHand ran on the Pocket PC but this all new 2.0 version runs
on a standard PC and features multiple forms and full cut and paste.

One of the goals when I created the program was information and recipe
exchange. With 2.0 you can copy a complete recipe to the clip board and
paste it into an email or a forum. Others can then paste that entry into
there own data bases. This works for whole food categories and individual
ingredients as well.

The Beta version of the software is free and can be found here:

http://www.krmicros.com/HealthFitness/HealthAtHand/HealthAtHand.htm

The only requirement is that you must have .Net installed on your computer.

The link is on the bottom left side of the page.

I have also created some HealthAtHand forums so we can exchange ideas and
recipes.

http://kronosrobotics.com/krmform/

The original Pocket PC software product is available as well. I will
eventually update this software to version 2.0 and add the ability to
synchronize it with the desktop version.

  • New Diet Control Software Beta Testers Needed
    ... One thing I realized as I started to keep a food diary was that we tended to ... I have just created HealthAtHand 2.0 and need some beta testers. ... One of the goals when I created the program was information and recipe ... I have also created some HealthAtHand forums so we can exchange ideas and ...
    (misc.health.diabetes)
  • Re: "Tortellini alla bolognese" by Pellegrino Artusi, circa 1881
    ... Nowadays tortellini almost always see meat in the filling, and the marrow is no more commonly found in bolognese households and butcheries. ... The interesting things here are the recipe and Artusi's idea of a cooking school, which would sustain itself by selling the cooked dishes to those who would order them for lunch or dinner. ... They are wonderful, really, the only hard part has been mincing the ham since my GF hasn't a suitable food processor and I had to mince it with a knife. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: "Tortellini alla bolognese" by Pellegrino Artusi, circa 1881
    ... Nowadays tortellini almost always see meat in the filling, and the marrow is no more commonly found in bolognese households and butcheries. ... The interesting things here are the recipe and Artusi's idea of a cooking school, which would sustain itself by selling the cooked dishes to those who would order them for lunch or dinner. ... They are wonderful, really, the only hard part has been mincing the ham since my GF hasn't a suitable food processor and I had to mince it with a knife. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: Dump Soup gets raves
    ... > I have learned many things about food and cooking from rfc posters. ... recipe will force thousands of families to eat it immediately afterward. ... the cooking/food content in this group, regardless of your own tastes. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)
  • Re: RV Bachelor Food
    ... El Charrito Saltillo Dinner. ... in an RV is most challenging at supper time. ... I like to have a pot of "Man Food" around every so ... Cans S&W Italian Recipe Stewed Pear Tomatoes ...
    (rec.outdoors.rv-travel)