Re: Wholegrains reduce heart disease risk by up to 40%

This post not CC'd by email
On 2 Jul 2006 10:41:58 -0700, ykimsey@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've been lurking awhile here and thought some of you might like to
read this.
While letting your meter be your guide, whole grains provide more then
basic nutritional value in it's fiber etc. which relates to overall
health:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medicalnews.php?newsid=25073

G'day G'day,

The 40% reduction is presumably in comparison with a diet that is
high in non-whole grain cereals. High carbohydrate diets based on
non-whole grain cereals appear to be the problem.

The authors are writing on behalf of an Australian grain growers.
When they refer to fruit and vegetables producing a small effect
presumably they are ignoring the experiments done by the vegans where
they used a high soluble fibre diet including, eggplant, okra, soy,
almonds etc. This combination produced effect comparable with first
generation statins ie about a 30% drop.

Best wishes,
--
Quentin Grady ^ ^ /
New Zealand, >#,#< [

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quentin

  • Re: Daily Laxative?
    ... I'll add more fiber to my diet but I doubt I can get to a real hi-fiber ... few prunes into the eating plaan, I'm usually back on track the next day.. ... Don't start eating all whole grain foods all at once, ... Plus, which has protein and Omega ALA, Ronzoni makes a fiber added pasta ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Daily Laxative?
    ... I'll add more fiber to my diet but I doubt I can get to a real hi-fiber ... few prunes into the eating plaan, I'm usually back on track the next day. ... You want to replace all white flour refined-grain products, ... Plus, which has protein and Omega ALA, Ronzoni makes a fiber added pasta ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Low Grain and Carbohydrate Diets Treat Hypoglycemia, Heart Disease, Diabetes Cancer and Nearly ALL C
    ... Some critics claim that reduced carbohydrate diets are a fashion trend. ... Essentially, a high protein/fat diet. ... a high intake of carbohydrates has been ... Of the major carbohydrate sources mentioned, only grain is heavily restricted. ...
    (sci.med.diseases.hepatitis)
  • Re: Newton Grain Diet
    ... "The Newton Grain Diet: " ... foods that are high in fat and devoid of fiber, ... This low-fat, mostly vegan diet ... needs, select 8 servings of grains, 3 servings of legumes, at least 4 ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)