Re: what is the real range of numbers for the FBG?

Jenny wrote:
Misdiagnosis by Design
http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046782.php

which says
> epidemiologists, people who study disease patterns in large
> populations, could find no no specific blood sugar level
> where the incidence of diabetic complications suddenly
> shot up

Although I read a C.E. article which included charts showing
retinopathy vs. FBG, 2hr PP, and A1c which showed that all three
had a particular level at which the slope of the curve changed from approx. zero to whatever made a 60-degree angle at the scale(s) chosen.

There were similar charts. If I remember right, some of them
were on Pima indians and some were not.

On the particular chart I mentioned first, that "specific blood
sugar level where the incidence of diabetic complications suddenly
shot up" was A1c of 5.4

I don't recall the FBG and 2hr PP numbers, and I realize that there
are different ways of measuring A1c, but the point is that whether
those epidemiologists were aware of it or not, that information is
certainly available now.

--
Wes Groleau
Heroes, Heritage, and History