Re: My fasting blood sugar levels.
- From: Susan <nevermind@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 21:46:57 -0500
Once again, I can't see how anyone can call it a certain calorie sized meal without the amounts of each food given.
Y'know, I guess I found it so depressing to read about that meal, it would seem meager no matter how much of it you managed to shovel in.
Fair enough but he mentioned it is not how he usually eats, and earlier diets he was on had more carbs - and I think he mentioned he didn't always have the will power to stick to that either. I would say it's "probably" a will power thing no matter what the amounts. That's an issue to address.
I don't share your belief or Tom's that it comes down to will power. Study after study demonstrates that in the right hormonal context, "will power" is about biology, not character. I think more carbs makes folks more hungry; less fat makes folks more hungry. Less protein makes folks more hungry. He keeps doing all three. No wonder he can't stick with it. Then he probably gets down on himself for being weak, when he's just doing what his body is demanding.
I maintain my weight now on 50% more calories than I did on low fat, high carb. Willpower, my arse. :-)
- Prev by Date: Re: Please a less objectionable term for "liver dump" ??? :)
- Next by Date: Re: Eating out advice needed
- Previous by thread: Re: My fasting blood sugar levels.
- Next by thread: Re: My fasting blood sugar levels.