Re: possible to get tolerance in 4 yrs?

I ask because I seem to have build up a tolernace to my diludid and
that how lomg I've taken it
my Dr also told I have a high tolerance to pain meds

Lynn

Sure...you can definitely build a tolerance in that amount of time.
Dilaudid was one of the first meds I took for pain management 6 years
ago. I built a tolerance even quicker than that. It all depends.
I've built a tolerance to some meds after only a couple of months.
Sometimes you can stay on a med for a couple months or you may hit a
sweet spot that you can stay on for several years. It's all
individual dependant. What dose are you on? I was on 8mg 5x day,
when I finally switched to something long-acting.

As far as Opana, I thought the long-acting was fairly effective.
However I built a tolerance pretty fast to that and had to switch.
The short-acting formula didn't help a lick.

  • Re: Ensoul; Med Check?
    ... It is possible that during the periods that you were out of meds it ... until your tolerance returns. ... drivers license (I'm not sure what type of recourse a doctor would ... she posts incoherantly and her cognition is clearly ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Ensoul; Med Check?
    ... It is possible that during the periods that you were out of meds it ... or cutting back some, until your tolerance returns. ... and the fact she has changed meds in an effort to find proper pain relief. ... as it shows the doctor a pattern of how the meds ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Ensoul; Med Check?
    ... It is possible that during the periods that you were out of meds it ... or cutting back some, until your tolerance returns. ... and the fact she has changed meds in an effort to find proper pain relief. ... as it shows the doctor a pattern of how the meds ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: they took my driver, lisc away!!!
    ... several mildly sedating meds ATT, adding the 50 mcg/hr patch was ... Also, tolerance plays a role. ... as I told my doctor I'd rather go back to the 25 mcg/hr ones ... possible impairmement. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: they took my driver, lisc away!!!
    ... sedating meds ATT, adding the 50 mcg/hr patch was overload. ... Also, tolerance plays a role. ... her posts, show possible impairmement. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)