Re: New Doctor
- From: "CatEyes" <CatEyes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:23:37 -0600
"kittychats" <eileen_73@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am going to take the liberty to tell you the truth here. I say this
this because I've gotten to know you through this board and care about
your well being.
That being said, I am saying this in all seriousness from the
perspective of my former nursing career.
Medical professionals are taught to triage whatever flies in the door.
Snap judgements are important when doling out the care, for obvious
You have drug seeking behaviors. It has nothing to do with your moral
character. I would have pegged you with that description in 0-60
seconds. Some of the things you do are basic training spotters for a
dr or nurse.
The point is, I never would have gotten to know anything more about
your case because, professionally, I would have gone through this
1) Consistently requests more medication, check
2) History of hoarding pills, check
3) History of taking medication not as prescribed, check
4) Rapid reports of tolerance to meds, check
5) Knows multiple names of narcotics not yet prescribed, check
6) Worried about anticipated pain, not actual current pain level,
I never would have gotten to your symptoms because of the
presentation. You would have been out of the game when I hit the third
check in my head. I'd be reluctant to help treat your pain out of the
inevitable responsibilty of 'do no harm'. No one wants to help someone
The phrase will end up repeating itself in your chart unless you do
something to change your presentation.
I see you wanting a 'good' doctor. It will not be possible to work
with any doctor when the patient is not honest about medication
intake. It is a two way street.
I'm just sayin'...
So you think I'm a drug seeker?
I'm just askin'...
Seriously, be honest with me I'd like to know how I've presented myself to
have given you that impression, or have revealed things that have made you
come to that conclusion.
- Re: New Doctor
- From: kittychats
- Re: New Doctor
- Prev by Date: Re: I'm Pretty Disgusted
- Next by Date: Re: New Doctor
- Previous by thread: Re: New Doctor
- Next by thread: Re: New Doctor