Re: THE CHAT ROOM

Diane Koehler wrote on 3/12/2009 :
Tod (dear) (!!!) I hope you soon have warm weather, it is "looking up" around here. But they say next week we will be in the 40s"
May I ask about your pain issues and meds? I had an automobile accident in 1998...with resulting neck and back issues. Had a fusion on my back in 2000 then had a titanium (sp) cage put in..it failed so I chose pain meds and have done quite well until ? Feb..now it seems I am in pain constantly....I just started to try upping my dose but that doesn't seem to be doing it.
I talked to my doctor last Friday but she did not take me
seriously...she said "You are going to be 80 this year and your trying to tell me you can't do as much as you used too?" And started
laughing..she got me by surprise and I Iaughed too.. .
Then the issue was dropped but next time we will have a serious
discussion...I thought maybe it was just a flare up but it looks like I have a real problem here...and then there is the insurance Co and the Gov...but wish me luck (its happened before and we were able to get me going again with a drug adjustment). Pleas lets cross fingers!! And definitely a pain free day. I loved hear about your trail, next time I'll tell you about mine. Diane

Most of my problems are lower lumbar problems. When I was a young soldier I was a tank and truck mechanic. I weighted all of 120 lbs or there about. I would grab a tool box on one shoulder, a load of parts on the other and away I would go. I always thought why go back and forth for the things I would need when I could make one trip. Often I carried my than my own 120 pounds. I think that started my degenerative disk problems. Later after I had retired from the Army I was at work early one morning, my birthday of all days, and I picked up a box that weighted less than 20 pounds. I must have turned just the wrong because I felt something move and pop in my lower back. I lay on the floor 20 minutes before anyone came along to help me up to a chair. Add too that now spinal stenosis and now arthritus.Long story short, I have more metal in my back than most people have in their car. I have a spinal cord stimulator. I taken kadian, a slow release capsule version of morphine (basically that's what it is). For break through pain I take percoset. I take others for depression related to being disabled but I won't bore you with those.

You mention your age and I have to remember to the dear lady that helped raise me, my grandmother. At 85 she still had a garden large enough to feed a large family for the winter. The one thing that finally got her was asprin. She had taken asprin for years for headaches and arthritus. The doctor said it had eaten through her stomach and left a hole that released her bowel contents into her abdomen.

As for my trail let me add that there are a couple of small ponds aling the way. A small creek that meanders along part of the trail. For a country boy that is heaven.

Top

--
The advantage of being poor is that a doctor will cure you quicker.

  • Re: THE CHAT ROOM
    ... Diane Koehler presented the following explanation: ... I am having problems with pain, ... It works pretty well but it makes me pretty groggy so I'm laying around a lot and driving is sometimes iffy. ... As far as meds go, last month my MS was on back order for 5 days but this month I got all meds OK. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Killer Headaches - (continued from OT of 10/07/10)
    ... mentioned how long either the doctor said it would last or you had ... almost pain free from some sort of injection/block they had many ... willing to let me talk to patients who had this surgery too. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: good and bad news
    ... Nerves run through there among among various other things which can cause pain if these little wings get too close tight to each one another or something gets caught between. ... If they worked on that facet spot for a few weeks, with no improvement, and the doctors is still blaming the facets, it could very well be time for a new doctor. ... I'm not very good with people who lie... ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: good and bad news
    ... pain drugs or call your job and try and get them to fire you for something. ... Now lets take your facet block as an example. ... it could very well be time for a new doctor. ... I'm not very good with people who lie... ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: good and bad news
    ... Now lets take your facet block as an example. ... among various other things which can cause pain if these little wings get ... I really don't want to go to yet another doctor who says I have nerve ... I'm not very good with people who lie... ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)