Breaking your pain contract

Looks like I'm headed in this direction now, I'm calling 3 places today to
try and find out what can be done about generic pain meds not working
properly and useing another doctor to take up the slack 2hrs 3 times a day
I'm looseing/being sick in withdrawals, first call my GP who will write me a
script for a few days worth of 20mg mscontin, second call is to my pain
doctor to ask what they think about it and that I'm calling the ER in
advance in reference to my pain doctors instructions to go to the ER if my
pain gets bad, my doctors medical assistant said this not the doctor,
anyway, we'll see what happens when your given a script that does not cover
your pain for 30 days and you break your contract because they will not move
your appointment up a few days...Joe

I'll try and tell the story when I know what's going down, Oh yeah, I have
the doctors, I've just never been put in this position since my meds trial
started 6 months ago, been on the upper side and right on time side but
naver late side where my meds didn't cover me and the center wouldn't do
something about it, as always, thanks...Joe

  • Re: my experience with a "patient advocate"
    ... i have meds for a month, ... center, so that should be good, since the pain is mostly in my spine. ... your own scale in w/you to your appt., ... about my "pain management doctor". ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Pain Management Agreement - DEA required?
    ... pain meds at all for my condition. ... Pain on an x-ray, MRI, MRA, or CT scan. ... do right now to get the meds I need, until I can find a doctor who ... right of the chronic pain patient to obtain relief in a non-biased ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: I never thought it would happen to me
    ... I've been lucky enough to take less than all my meds in the allotted ... It's strange to me that doctors have not realized that "drug seeking ... opiate treatment for chronic pain carries a lot of dangers, ... No doctor would treat me with that high of ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: About me!
    ... years ago cos the crohns kept me in and out of the hospital....u could ... trying to get out of doing things, imagining the pain etc...i have had ... So I go to my doctor, ... So on with the meds ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Latest News From My Doctor (Who Wants to Cut Down My Pain Meds)
    ... doctor wanted to cut down my morphine, when I feel it's barely enough ... taking 4 15 mg pills ever 12 hours. ... They cant prove where my pain come ... I hope my doc does NOT reduce my pain meds. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)