Re: Medtronic Spinal Stimulator - This Is My Partner's 9th Back Surgery, Arrgh!!

Hey Deb!

I forget, was it today you were seeing your Dr. or next week? If it was
today, what did you find out? If not today, disregard this post. :o)

Scott

"Debs" <YOURFOOTdebs02114@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
MJ, I have a SCS too and I love it except for my defective battery but
that's another story. I have two questions about your mother's surgery.
1) Was she awake when they placed the leads so they could be sure they
were in the right place? This is a MUST. 2) When they swapped out the
battery did they re-do the leads? They shouldn't. They should just
unscrew the leads from the stim and then screw the leads to the new
stim. They shouldn't re-seat them in the spine. They should leave that
end of the leads alone. Also one other thing that I don't remember if
Scott mentioned, the leads can migrate sometimes and end up in the wrong
place. If that happens they need to be re-implanted.

HTH,
Deb

Scott wrote: