Re: WENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR AND NEED SOME ADVISE..

Top posted.

I went and read through the responses first, in case anybody mentioned this,
but your chest pain could be Costochondritis or Tietze Syndrome. Here is a
webpage which explains them.

http://www.medicinenet.com/costochondritis_and_tietze_syndrome/article.htm

I have Costochondritis quite often due to Fibromyalgia. Anxiety/panic
attacks also cause chest pain. It's unlikely that heart problems are the
cause, if you are a young adult, but any of the other things I mentioned
could be a reason. The fact that you mentioned sipping water helped some,
sounds like Costochondritis & Tietze Syndrome.

Did the nurse say anything as to what your vitals were when she took them? I
assume they were normal, so she wasn't concerned that you were experiencing
any cardia distress, but she could/should have conveyed that to you. Check
out the webpage I pasted above, and see if that sounds like your symptoms,
bring it up in a future doctors appointment.

ddbo wrote:
WITH NO SURPRISE IT WAS ANOTHER DAY FROM YOU KNOW WHERE...

WELL IT STARTS OUT ABOUT A WEEK AGO I NOTICED THAT MY REFILL ON ONE OF
MY PAIN MEDICATIONS WAS DIFFERENT.. IT WAS THE HYDROCODONES.. NONE OF
MY PAIN MEDICATION HAS NOT BEEN CHANGED IN A YEAR.. AND USUALLY WHEN
IT IS CHANGED, THE DOCTOR ALWAYS TELLS ME...

SO WHAT I FOUND WAS THAT I WAS 60 PILLS SHORT THIS MONTH.. AND IT SAID
TO TAKE ONE EVERY 6 HOURS... WHEN BEFORE IT SAID TAKE ONE EVERY 4 TO
6 HOURS AS NEEDED..

STUPID ME NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT LOOKING AT MY MEDICATION BOTTLE.. SHE
NEVER TOLD ME THAT SHE HAD CHANGED IT.. NOT ONE WORD ABOUT IT..

WELL YOU ALL KNOW HOW BAD MY PAIN HAS BEEN.. RIGHT.. YOU ALL KNOW HOW
MUCH I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING LIKE A WOUNDED DOG THAT NEEDS TO BE TAKEN
OUT AND SHOT.. RIGHT..

WELL YESTERDAY I FINALLY GET THROUGH ON THE PHONE TO MAKE AN
APPOINTMENT TO SEE MY DOCTOR AFTER CALLING OFF AND ON FOR OVER A
WEEK..

REMEMBER DR MARY.. THE ONE THAT GAVE ME SO MUCH PROBLEMS ON THE 2ND OF
THIS MONTH ABOUT MEETING MEDTRONICS AT THE OFFICE SO THAT THEY COULD
CHANGE THE WAY MY SCS WAS GETTING TO MY PAIN...

ANYWAYS, WHEN I CALLED YESTERDAY TO MAKE AN APPT. FOR TODAY WITH DR
MARY, THEY TELL ME SHE IS GONE FOR A WEEK ON VACATION.. OH GEEE JUST
MY LUCK.. SEEMS LIKE SHE IS ALWAYS ON VACATION..

I GET TO THE DOCTORS OFFICE AT 8:15 THIS MORNING.. SINCE DR MARY WAS
NOT THERE, I WAS NOT GONNA LET THIS SLIDE NO MATTER WHAT... SO I SAW
ANOTHER DOCTOR THERE..

SO I GET THERE READY TO WAIT A LONG TIME SINCE I DID NOT HAVE AN
APPT.. IT DIDN'T REALLY MATTER, I WAS MAD ENOUGH TO STAY AS LONG AS I
NEEDED... AND BECAUSE WE ARE NOT ALOUD TO EAT ANYTHING, I DID NOT HAVE
BREAKFAST.. FOOD WAS THE LAST THING ON MY MIND.. I GET TO THE DESK TO
CHECK IN AND THERE IS 6 WALK-INS A HEAD OF ME.. I WAS NUMBER 6.. I
AGAIN COULDN'T BELIEVE THIS...LOL THEY OPENED AT 8AM..

ANYWAYS, AFTER A 2 1/2 HOURS WAIT I FINALLY GET CALLED TO THE BACK..
WHILE I WAS WALKING TO THE BACK, WE STOP TO CHECK MY WEIGHT.. GOD ONLY
ME.. 15 POUNDS HEAVIER SINCE I STARTED SPENDING 80 TO 90 PERCENT IN
BED BECAUSE OF MY PAIN.. IT'S BEEN TWO MONTHS NOW..

ANYWAYS, I WAS IN SO MUCH DARN PAIN.. AS SOON AS I GOT INTO THE BACK
ROOM, I SIT ON THE FIRST CHAIR I SEE..

THE NURSE SAYS TO ME, SO ANDREA WHY ARE YOU HEAR TODAY?

JUST AS I GOT UP TO HAND HER AND SHOW HER THE TWO EMPTY BOTTLES FROM
LAST MONTH AND THIS MONTH, I GET THIS TERRIBLE PAIN IN MY CHEST..

IT HURT SO BAD THAT I WAS USING BOTH HANDS TRYING TO RUB IT OUT.. THE
NURSE LOOKED AT ME AND SAID, ARE YOU OK ANDREA? I SAID I DON'T KNOW..
I SAID, MY CHEST HURTS LIKE A TRUCK JUST HIT ME.. SHE TOOK MY VITALS
AND AGAIN SHE ASKED ME IF I WAS ALRIGHT? I SAID I DON'T KNOW, I'M
HAVING CHEST PAINS... AND I AM STILL AT THE TIME STILL TRYING TO RUB
WHAT EVER THIS PAIN WAS OUT..

SHE SAID OK ANDREA, AS SHE HEADS FOR THE DOOR AND SAYS, THE DOCTOR
WILL BE IN SOON.. I SAID OK..

I'M SITTING ON THIS BED HURTING SO BAD WITH THIS CHEST PAIN THAT IT
WAS ALMOST TAKING MY BREATH AWAY.. AND I THOUGHT OMG NO WAY IT CAN'T
BE MY HEART.. I AM TO YOUNG FOR THIS MESS.. WHO IS GONNA TAKE CARE OF
THE DOG.. I CAN'T GET SICK NOW.. I'VE GOT ENOUGH PROBLEMS AS IT IS...
AS LONG AS I'VE BEEN ALIVE, I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS KIND OF PAIN IN MY
CHEST LIKE THIS IN MY LIFE..

SO I GET UP AND WALK OVER TO THE SINK.. I OPEN UP ONE OF THE CABINET
DOORS TO GET ME A CUP.. I THOUGHT MAYBE I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO
DRINK...
SO I DRINK ONE CUP (SMALL CUP) OF SOME WATER.. AS I WAS DRINKING IT, I
STARTED TO FEEL SOME RELIEF BUT IT WAS STILL THERE VERY STRONG.. SO I
DRINK ANOTHER CUP.. THE PAIN LETS UP A LOT BUT IT WAS STILL THERE...

IN THE MEAN TIME I SIT AND WAIT FOR THE DOCTOR TO COME IN..

ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER HE COMES IN.. HE SAID WELL WHAT CAN I DO FOR
YOU.. I SAID WELL DOC.. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT HAPPEN WHEN I WAS HERE
ON THE 2ND BUT I JUST NOTICED ABOUT A WEEK AGO THAT I AM 60 PILLS
SHORT THIS MONTH.. I SAID NOW THAT'S A LOT AND I AM OUT.. AND I TOLD
HIM, I DO NOT OVER TAKE MY MEDICATIONS.. I TOLD HIM THAT I NOTICED A
CHANGE THAT I WAS SUPPOSE TO TAKE THEM EVERY 6 HOURS BUT WITH MY PAIN
SO BAD, I CAN'T.. I SAID THEY HAD BEEN EVERY 4 TO 6 HOURS AND MOST OF
THE TIME EVERY 4 HOURS AROUND THE CLOCK...

HE LOOKS AT MY CHART.. HE SAYS... I SEE DR MARY SAYS HERE THAT SHE
WANTED TO SEE YOU (ME) HERE IN THE OFFICE.. HE ASKED ME WHAT SHE MIGHT
HAD WANTED BY ME COMING IN.. I SAID MAYBE TO DRUG TEST ME AGAIN LIKE
SHE DID THE FIRST TIME I SAW HER A YEAR AGO.. I TOLD HIM I DO NOT DO
DRUGS AND I DON'T OVER TAKE MY MEDICATIONS BUT SHE WANTS TO MAKE SURE
I GUESS.. AND THEN YET I SAID, I AM A DIABETIC, SHE MAY WANT TO CHECK
TO SEE HOW MY LEVELS ARE..

HE THEN PICKS UP THE TWO EMPTY SCRIP BOTTLES.. HE SAYS, WAS THERE
SOMETHING ELSE YOU NEEDED.. I SAID YES, I NEED A SHOWER CHAIR.. I
CAN'T STAND LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE A SHOWER.. I SAID THIS SEVERE PAIN
HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MONTHS.. HE THEN SAID,SO YOU ARE IN THIS MUCH
PAIN, IT SOUNDS LIKE WE NEED TO UP YOUR METHADONE, NOT YOUR OTHER PAIN
MEDICATION.. HE SAID I AM GONNA CALL THE PHARMACY.. HE SAYS THEN THAT
HE SAW THAT DR MARY WROTE FOR 180 HYDROCODONES AND I SEE THAT THE
PHARMACY ONLY GAVE YOU 120 AND HE WALKED OUT.. HE SAYS, I WILL CALL
THEM NOW...

THEN THE FAMOUS LAST WORDS, I'LL BE BACK HE SAYS..

I THOUGHT OK COOL, HE'LL BE BACK AND WE CAN TALK SOME MORE.. HE NEVER
GAVE ME THE CHANCE TO SAY HEY DOC, THE METHADONE IS MAKING ME SICK TO
MY STOMACH..

ANYWAYS, AS I SIT THERE AND WAIT THINKING HE WAS GONNA COME BACK TO
TALK WITH ME, AND THINKING WOW HE IS GONNA COME BACK AND THIS GUY WAS
GONNA LISTEN TO ME... HA.. WELL THAT WAS A JOKE ON ME...

ANYWAYS, ABOUT 10 MINUTES LATER THE NURSE WALKS IN.. SHE SAYS HERE
YOU GO ANDREA, YOU CAN LEAVE NOW.. I SAID WHAT??? I SAID WHERE IS THE
DOCTOR? SHE SAID HE IS WITH OTHER PATIENTS.. I SAID NOW AIN'T THAT
ABOUT A ...... SHE SAID WHAT.. I SAID NOTHING.. I SAID HE TOLD ME THAT
HE WOULD BE BACK TO TALK WITH ME... SHE THEN SAID TO ME, WERE YOU
DONE TALKING WITH THE DOCTOR, I SAID NO.. SHE SAID WHAT WOULD YOU
LIKE FOR ME (HER) TO ASK HIM..

I GOT UP AND SAID ON NOTHING.. I'LL BE BACK NEXT WEEK ON THE 29TH TO
SEE DR MARY... AGAIN... IT WAS ALREADY 12:30..

THE NURSE GIVES ME A SCRIP FOR A SHOWER CHAIR AND FOR THE 60
HYDROCODONES THAT WERE MISSING OUT OF THIS MONTHS SCRIP BECAUSE DR
MARY, WROTE IT OUT FOR EVERY 6 HOURS NOT EVERY 4 TO 6 HOURS LIKE IT
HAS BEEN FOR A YEAR..

OH AND BEFORE THE DOCTOR LEFT OUT OF THE ROOM HE SAID THAT THE
HYDROCODONES WAS NOT BT PAIN MEDICATION, THAT IT WAS A CONTINUOUS PAIN
MEDICATION.. I THOUGHT OK.. WHAT EVER.. I'M NOT A DOCTOR..

ANYWAYS, NOW I HAVE TO GO BACK ON THE 29TH TO SEE THIS OTHER IDIOT DR
MARY AND SEE WHAT SHE'S GOT TO SAY..

I WAS HOPING THAT THE NEW PAIN MANAGEMENT DOCTOR WOULD OF CALLED ME
ALREADY BUT NOOOOO.. MY OVER 4 INCH FILE THAT CAME FROM LAS VEGAS A
WEEK AGO TUESDAY IS SITTING ON THE OFFICE MANAGERS DESK..

SO I HAVE TO GO BACK AND SEE THIS IDIOT DR MARY AGAIN..

ANYWAYS I GET TO THE PHARMACY.. THEY RUN MY SCRIP THROUGH THE COMPUTER
AND IT WAS DENIED BY MY INSURANCE..

I SAID CALL THEM.. TELL THEM WHY.. TELL THEM THAT THE DOCTOR MADE A
MISTAKE BY PUTTING EVERY 6 HOURS INSTEAD OF EVERY 4 HOURS.. AND IT
HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED..

SO THE LADY DID THAT.. AND WOW I'LL BE DAMN, IT WAS APPROVED..LOL

ANYWAYS, I GOT THE 60 THAT I NEEDED TO TAKE MY PAIN FROM ABOUT A 9/10
TO A 7/8 AND THEN WITH IN AN HOUR OR TWO IT IS BACK UP TO A 9/10 TILL
IT IS "TIME" TO TAKE ANOTHER.. WHICH NEVER COMES SOON ENOUGH FOR ME..

I'M NOT A WEAK PERSON.. I'VE HAD ENOUGH PAIN IN THE LAST 15 YEARS THAT
I CAN WAIT 2 OR 3 MORE HOURS..

IN THE MEAN TIME.. AS FOR MY CHEST PAINS, IT STILL THERE BUT ONLY A
LITTLE BIT.. IT COMES AND GOES.. IF IT COMES BACK AS STRONG AS IT DID
TODAY, I WILL HAVE TO GO BY AMBULANCE BECAUSE THERE WAS NO WAY I COULD
DRIVE WITH THAT KIND OF PAIN.. NO WAY, NO HOW..

NOW TO ANYONE WHO CAN HELP ME..

DO YOU THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN MY HEART OR MAYBE MY STOMACH SINCE MOST
OF THE PAIN WENT AWAY WHEN I DRANK THE WATER.. IT WAS NOT THE SAME
PAIN I WAS HAVING ABOUT A LITTLE OVER A MONTH AGO.. IT WAS TOTALLY
DIFFERENT.. THE PAIN I WAS HAVING WAS LIKE UNDER MY RIB CAGE ON THE
LEFT SIDE, NEAR MY HEART..

WHAT A MESS HUH..

HUGS, ANDREA

P.S. MAY YOUR DAYS BE NICE AND PAIN FREE..

--
Carol
Contessa of Consternation

Autistic Spectrum Code v.1.0
AS? d- s--:+ a+ c+ p+ t-- f S+ p@- e+ h- r- n+(-) i+ P m-() M

http://www32.brinkster.com/ascdecode/decode.asp

"I have run rings around you logically". Monty Python

Email at clay_pots_47@xxxxxxxxxx, removing the 'nospam' and replacing
with 'msn'.

  • Re: Doctor woes, need advice bad!
    ... If a user elects to use our invitation service for informing a friend ... it sounds like my doctor and yours are related. ... They should know what doctors take care of their pain paitents. ... I feel responsible with this medication as over the past 3 years I ...
    (alt.med.fibromyalgia)
  • Re: Lovely
    ... if I can't find a doctor in the meantime who won't treat my pain ... am hoping she will suggest another medication for longer-acting at the ... physical withdrawl symptoms and it was truly eye-opening for me.. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Pay Attention, Sally Sue!!
    ... narcotic medication for their painful conditions. ... Gosh, if a doctor saw someone act the way she is acting, there is only one conclusion to jump to. ... Apparently it's okay to remove THEIR only hope of getting pain ... Your actions are nothing but pure evil. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Lovely
    ... if I can't find a doctor in the meantime who won't treat my pain ... am hoping she will suggest another medication for longer-acting at the ... physical withdrawl symptoms and it was truly eye-opening for me.. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Throwing in the Towell
    ... people who don't trust you and look down on you. ... If my pain is not too bad, God willing, ... I will have to give up my angel of a doctor who doesn't know I am ... bedridden, and had been on medication for years, but if you don't ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)