Re: Very OT: the price of gas
- From: "gashauler" <swordfish2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 20:09:42 -0400
"Navy1" <medical23FISHkidoo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Because the folks who set the prices all flunked basic math?
> Actually, the part of the price that pays for the gas is only part of
> it. Like you say, there is a refining cost, transportation cost,
> handling cost (somebody has to connect the truck to the underground
> tanks), etc, etc. and that's before you even get to the local, state,
> federal taxes.
One is called upstream cost and the other is downstream cost. A lot of times
there are cost like pipeline cost, storage cost for parts of gasoline, and
other cost like penalty cost when a barge misses the pipe time that are
never talked about to the public. I think if they where more open to the
public there might be a better understabding.
- Prev by Date: Re: Very OT: the price of gas
- Next by Date: Which Is Better? Mobic, Arthrotec or Voltaren...
- Previous by thread: Re: Very OT: the price of gas
- Next by thread: Re: Very OT: the price of gas