Re: painkiller identity..

we see this simplistic approach every so often - they frame an issue in bullets
as black and white - hoping that no one will examine what is posited and ask for
explanation of the actual circumstances. perhaps in addition to the chemistry, a
few courses in economic theory, philosophy, and the humanities would have
helped...

ZombyWoof wrote:

> [...]
> >
> Yeah I had a real problem wrapping any type of justification around
> that one as well. I'd also like to know where the lucky Granddaughter
> of this generosity is when it comes to talking to Granny and providing
> her with some attention.
>
> >> She lives with moderate pain (not quite severe, but she gets the huge
> >> script due to the nature of the illness, simpathy and all),
> >
> >so - she exaggerates and that's ok?
> >
> More to the point she accepts something she does need or use. Why?
> More then likely because it is free and she knows her good friend will
> slip her a couple of bucks for them. All in all just another form of
> a welfare cheat which raises the cost of health care for us all.
> >
> >> she is
> >> extremely happy that she is able to provide for her grandchild,
> >
> >she takes other people's money - money clearly and explicitly intended to
> >assist her by paying for 'needed' medication - and diverts it to
> >another...thats called stealing.
> >
> Apparently only in our dictionaries.
>
> >> her
> >> young friend is happy that he can "get off" for a while.
> >>

> >co-conspirator and enabler
> >
> You forgot to through in manipulator, junkie & excuse maker.
>

> >> Hmm, nobody gets hurt,
> >
> >untrue.
> >
> >unless you can address the above and show how she has originally paid for
> >the drugs herself - but then she wouldn't need to sell the drugs, she just
> >wouldn't have script filled - then the unspent money could be put aside
> >directly...
> >
> >afaikt, under your scenario, she is taking other people's money...what
> >gives anyone the right to do that?
> >
> Aww she's old & lonely and the Granddaughter is paying her any
> attention so she needs to get it from a junkie who really doesn't care
> all that much about her. Just wait until the day he is Jonesing
> really bad and she refuses to cut lose with the stash and gets knocked
> over the head and he ransacks her house looking for it.
> >
> >> everyone is happy.
> >
> >except all the other people whose costs, in several different areas,
> >continue to rise as a result of your combined activities..
> >
> >according to what you have written, society is paying for at least some of
> >the cost of your recreational activities, and just flat out 'giving' her
> >money...why should it?
> >
> Because he provides her with false companionship something the
> Granddaughter who is benefiting from her generosity won't do.
> >
> >> TO HELL WITH ALL OF THEM!
> >
> >and just how does that square with your 'libertarian' beliefs? on the basis
> >of that, i suppose it's ok for others to do it to you?
> >
> Apparently.
> >

> >> Some logic there guys..
> >
> >exactly...going back to the set of hypothetical examples i listed, and
> >leaving any pro/con issue of legality out of it, there is a distinct moral
> >flavor here...
> >
> Never met a moral junkie. I guess one or two might exist but they

  • Re: painkiller identity..
    ... who pays for that script to be filled? ... who pays for the medication that the canadian gov't has ... i give it to them so that they can save the co-pay cost ... >money that is really someone's else's...the taxpayers, ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: painkiller identity..
    ... who pays for that script to be filled? ... who pays for the medication that the canadian gov't has ... i give it to them so that they can save the co-pay cost ... money that is really someone's else's...the taxpayers, ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)
  • Re: Am I Dumb or What???????????????
    ... This is the second time I've had trouble getting him to ... I'm transffering the script to Express Script to save money. ... Now I have to spend extra money in order to save money on meds. ...
    (alt.support.diabetes)