Douglas Laboratories, Cox R&D Laboratories, Source Naturals, USANA Health Sciences, and Vitamin Research Products, use our Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements in highlighting the quality of their products.

Douglas Laboratories, Cox R&D Laboratories, Source Naturals, USANA
Health Sciences, and Vitamin Research Products, use our Comparative
Guide to Nutritional Supplements in highlighting the quality of their
products.
http://www.comparativeguide.com/melaleuca.html

Response to Melaleuca's Critique of the Comparative Guide to
Nutritional Supplements
We are aware of the Melaleuca critique of the Comparative Guide to
Nutritional Supplements and find it interesting that Melaleuca spent
considerable time and effort to produce a six-page critique of our
research. It suggests that our comparative guide has been having an
impact.

We always welcome constructive criticism of our analytical model, and
where appropriate will take such criticism into serious consideration
in modifying and improving our analysis While we thank Melaleuca for
taking the time to 'critique' our work, we believe that some of their
public remarks go well beyond fair comment.

It is important to be aware that Melaleuca's critique is based on the
previous (2nd) edition of our Comparative Guide, a publication that has
been out of print since 2002. The new (3rd edition) publication has
been significantly enhanced, based on evolving scientific information.

The changes include the following:

The 3rd edition of our guide uses a median value for each nutrient,
rather than an averaged value. This provides a more accurate assessment
of central tendency than does the statistical average, when dealing
with a small sample size (as is the case with our referenced
authorities);
As we have become aware of other publications regarding comprehensive
recommendation for daily intake, we have increased the number of cited
authorities to seven from the previous four;
We have discontinued the practice of including the top-rated product as
a standard on every page. While the scoring criteria have nothing to do
with any particular product (in fact, they are based on our referenced
authorities' recommendations for daily intake), we concluded that
providing the graph of the top-rated product for purposes of comparison
on each page may create the impression of bias. Consequently, we have
discontinued this practice.
We have significantly enhanced our evaluative criteria, creating a more
robust 14-point quantitative scale, and provided the scientific
justification for each criterion in a separate, fully-referenced and
thoroughly-researched chapter in the guide.
With respect to the author's credentials, Mr. MacWilliam is a trained
biochemist and a contributing author to leading health publications. He
recently served, at the behest of Canada's Minister of Health, on an
expert advisory team for natural health products, and helped develop a
new regulatory framework to ensure Canadians have access to safe,
effective and high quality nutritional products. His wide-ranging
consulting experience also includes work for the British Columbia
Science Council, Environ­ment Canada, Human Resources Development
Canada and Health Canada. He has been invited by companies,
organizations and individuals around the world to speak on nutrition
and lifestyle issues, including presentations on adult's and
children's supplementation needs, degenerative disease prevention,
the aging process, obesity, and the need for lifestyle change to
promote optimal health.

Several leading nutritional manufacturers, including Douglas
Laboratories, Cox R&D Laboratories, Source Naturals, USANA Health
Sciences, and Vitamin Research Products, use our Comparative Guide to
Nutritional Supplements in highlighting the quality of their products.
This certainly appears to indicate their confidence in our research and
analysis and in the value of the guide as a consumer-based tool to help
sort out the wheat from the chaff in the nutritional marketplace.

Finally, may we advise that neither the author nor MacWilliam
Communications Inc. have any fiduciary ties to any of the companies or
products listed in the Comparative Guide; nor does the author profit in
any way from the sale of nutritional products listed in the guide. In
addition, production of the guide was not funded by any nutritional
manufacturer or other public or private interest. It is the sole
creative effort of MacWilliam Communications Inc.

Regards,

About Us | Site Map | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Links | ©2004
Northern Dimensions Publishing, a division of MacWilliam Communications
Inc.

  • Nutrition Collections
    ... Handbook of Obesity Treatment ... Therapy, this comprehensive handbook guides mental health, medical, ... Chemistry, Nutrition, and Biotechnology, Third Edition ...
    (sci.med.cardiology)
  • Nutrition Collections
    ... Handbook of Obesity Treatment ... Therapy, this comprehensive handbook guides mental health, medical, ... Chemistry, Nutrition, and Biotechnology, Third Edition ...
    (sci.med.nutrition)
  • Nutrition Collections
    ... Handbook of Obesity Treatment ... Therapy, this comprehensive handbook guides mental health, medical, ... Chemistry, Nutrition, and Biotechnology, Third Edition ...
    (sci.med.nursing)
  • Nutrition Collections
    ... Handbook of Obesity Treatment ... Therapy, this comprehensive handbook guides mental health, medical, ... Chemistry, Nutrition, and Biotechnology, Third Edition ...
    (sci.med.pharmacy)