Re: ***Those with Scooters......be careful--TIP OVER!!

Bonnie Brien wrote:
I tipped over and out of my older Optiway  (FORTRESS) scooter.  I got it
in 2000

I figure that the floor of THAT scooter is narrow....

I was reaching for a sweatshirt.......the whole scooter tipped over!   I
landed in clothing---next to me was the phone

9-1-1-   HELP!

The fire deptartment had to rescue me--as I was pinned between the
scooters on one side and clothing (and a table) on the other.....I
couldn't move or reach the scooters or move them.....the paramedics came
to my aid  moved the scoots outta the way and got me upright.

I am all right..............was not hurt

Just be careful when reaching for anything while sitting on/in  your
scooter

You may tip over---if your scoot floor is narrow

**********************BUT*************************

My newer one has a WIDER floor. It is a Pace Saver III by Leisure
Lift,,,,,,,,,no tip overs YET!

Bonnie

Was it a three wheeler or a four wheeler?

I'm going to die rather sooner than I'd like. I tried to protect my neighbours from crime, and became the victim of it. Complications in hospital following this resulted in a serious illness. I now need a bone marrow transplant. Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, too. Please volunteer to be a marrow donor:
http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

  • Re: Advice about power scooters needed!
    ... having the tiller in front on the scooter that she was really scared of ramps with nothing in front to hold on to. ... With two broken feet and spinal fractures we had to go in today to get information about getting a scooter and a deployment system for our car. ... The one I'll probbaly end up going with had a very light seat that would just lift off vertically and also uses a key. ... Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • Re: Scooter use in the house
    ... hip..don't get me started) and has just left a nursing/rehab facility and moved back into his house. ... Question is..in general..can you get around in a house with a scooter? ... Right now I'm using a base model 4 wheeler shoprider, so a move to the powerchair will be a massive step up in comfort, manouvreability, and power. ... Many people around the world are waiting for a marrow transplant, ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • ***Those with Scooters......be careful--TIP OVER!!
    ... I tipped over and out of my older Optiway scooter. ... I figure that the floor of THAT scooter is narrow.... ... to my aid moved the scoots outta the way and got me upright. ... Just be careful when reaching for anything while sitting on/in your ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • Re: ***Those with Scooters......be careful--TIP OVER!!
    ... Glad you weren't hurt Bonnie and that you were able to reach the phone. ... > I tipped over and out of my older Optiway scooter. ... > Just be careful when reaching for anything while sitting on/in your ... > My newer one has a WIDER floor. ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)
  • Re: ***Those with Scooters......be careful--TIP OVER!!
    ... So glad you were able to summon help fairly quickly. ... > I tipped over and out of my older Optiway scooter. ... > Just be careful when reaching for anything while sitting on/in your ... > My newer one has a WIDER floor. ...
    (alt.support.arthritis)