Re: Eagles Release OL Shawn Andrews

"Adam Frankel" <adam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AI6dnfUcN-lA8TfWnZ2dnUVZ_tKdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I dislike the departure of Andrews, especially since he was among Reid's best draft picks. I can't criticize the Eagles, however, because Andrews has been conspicuously absent for 2 seasons.

I just don't understand letting him go now.

"pablo" <noone@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree, I don't understand why you cut him now, unless Andy heard his
back is going to be acting up again. What a waste of talent..

  • Re: Eagles Release OL Shawn Andrews
    ... I can't criticize the Eagles, however, because Andrews ... has been conspicuously absent for 2 seasons. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: Eagles Release OL Shawn Andrews
    ... I dislike the departure of Andrews, especially since he was among Reid's ... I can't criticize the Eagles, however, because Andrews ... has been conspicuously absent for 2 seasons. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: 49ers Game Notes
    ... Eagles Notes Bruised shoulder sidelines Andrews ... Detmer completed all nine of his passes for 94 yards ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: I Agree With Spadaro On This One
    ... > a healthy Favre isn't better than the current version of McNabb? ... he'll get a ring this year, the Eagles won't. ... criticize. ... >> His comments were selfish and underhanded. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: Another iggle wants more money
    ... The Eagles, contrary to what one "league source" is saying, are not contemplating a trade that would send two-time Pro Bowl guard Shawn Andrews elsewhere. ... Furthermore, there is not an issue about Andrews' contract even though he is now making considerably less money than his big brother Stacy and the recently acquired Jason Peters, who was Shawn's teammate at Arkansas. ... it's true that players such as Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown sometimes sign contract extensions that can later seem less than the market value for a player of that caliber. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)