Re: Georgia

Skeptic wrote:

We should stand firmly behind any sovereign democratic nation who has been invaded by another country.

Ethnic conflicts, tensions and disparate histories that result from regional migration often predate by far what have only recently been artificially demarcated as "internationally recognized border nations." I can't say I'd support US troops being dispatched even as symbolic, observing figureheads into Tibet let alone to a part of the globe that's as diverse in ethnic composition as the Caucuses and Georgia. As such, and though I'm loathe to admit it, the Bush Admin. did the right thing here.

Or to put it another way, it's not like a compelling case for limited genocide could not be presented against the ruling Georgians themselves.

.