Caldwell reportedly let go as
- From: "Prof Pain" <Professor Pain@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 13:07:19 -0400
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots released receiver Reche
Caldwell on Monday, according to a league source cited by the Boston Globe.
Caldwell was New England's leading receiver last season, and was one of six
receivers on the Patriots' 53-man roster submitted on Saturday.
The other Patriot receivers are Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker,
Jabar Gaffney and Kelley Washington.
Moss missed much of the preseason with an injury, but says he's ready to
play in the Patriots' opener Sunday against the New York Jets.
Also Monday, the Patriots re-signed tight end Marcellus Rivers and claimed
rookie linebacker David Herron off waivers.
The team also signed seven players to the practice squad: wide receivers Bam
Childress and C.J. Jones, fullback Kyle Eckel, linebacker Corey Mays, tackle
Clint Oldenburg, defensive lineman Santonio Thomas and tight end Jason
Rivers, in his sixth year, had been released Saturday by the Patriots. He
played previously with the Giants and Texans. He has played in 75 NFL games
over five seasons.
- Prev by Date: Re: who said this redux
- Next by Date: Re: CBS News: The Bin Laden Family Evacuated Just Days After 9/11
- Previous by thread: Patriot fans unite @ TSU!!!
- Next by thread: Caldwell released