Re: Patriots Backfield Status:

"Selin" <laserstrike969@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:GeednWpThcIfoWfYnZ2dnUVZ_v2knZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A lot of people are saying the Patriots downgraded their backfield by
essentially swapping out Morris for Dillon. I wonder if this is really
true. Of course Dillon is a far more talented back then Morris, but do
you
think he would have shown that next season had he stuck around?

Selin, I agree with your premise here. But when we talk about upgrading or
downgrading a position, it's usually with respect to what it was the
PREVIOUS year. And this past year, Dillon was the best back on the team.
He may have nothing left at this point, but it's still a clear downgrade --
statistics or not. I'm actually a little surprised that people are actually
denying this.

  • Re: Is Morris the answer?
    ... The loss of Dillon and Graham will hurt if Morris and Brady / Watson cannot fill the blocking schemes that Graham handled. ... Even though Dillon had only modest success last season, he did provide a rest for Maroney without signaling an automatic passing down to the defense. ... there's been much fanfare and chatter about BB and Dante employing a new zone blocking scheme for the OL to better accommodate Maroney's running style. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Is Morris the answer?
    ... The loss of Dillon and Graham will hurt if Morris and Brady / Watson ... signaling an automatic passing down to the defense. ... situational back that's versatile enough to play both HB and FB, ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Patriots Backfield Status:
    ... Of course Dillon is a far more talented back then Morris, ... downgrading a position, it's usually with respect to what it was the ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Patriots Backfield Status:
    ... Of course Dillon is a far more talented back then Morris, ... even end up being a wash as far as value for the Patriots. ... Best of luck to him, ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Patriots Backfield Status:
    ... Of course Dillon is a far more talented back then Morris, ... downgrading a position, it's usually with respect to what it was the ... I do think it was a reasonable gamble given his desire to be set free and the savings, while small will help in terms of replacing him...with probably equal if not better talent. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)