Re: Patriots Backfield Status:

"Selin" <laserstrike969@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:GeednWpThcIfoWfYnZ2dnUVZ_v2knZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A lot of people are saying the Patriots downgraded their backfield by
essentially swapping out Morris for Dillon. I wonder if this is really
true. Of course Dillon is a far more talented back then Morris, but do
you
think he would have shown that next season had he stuck around?

Selin, I agree with your premise here. But when we talk about upgrading or
downgrading a position, it's usually with respect to what it was the
PREVIOUS year. And this past year, Dillon was the best back on the team.
He may have nothing left at this point, but it's still a clear downgrade --
statistics or not. I'm actually a little surprised that people are actually
denying this.

.