Re: Pats and the rest of the AFC, New Orleans game

"Mark" <Mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Yeah, the old injured game. He played it all the time with the Bengals,
> > missing a whole two or three games in his six years there. Now he's
> > playing
> > it even more, because he hates being in New England and longs to be back
> > in
> > Cincy.
> >

> He longs to be sitting on the bench collecting welfare. I have seen
> interviews where he talks about how old he is and he doesnt have too many
> years left and blah blah blah.

You realize he's being sarcastic, right? Oh wait, apparently you don't.
Oops. Joke's on you. File this under "there's a sucker born every minute."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2005/10/dillon_q
a.html

[snipped]
October 26, 2005
Dillon Q&A

Patriots running back Corey Dillon was sitting in a chair in front of his
locker, chatting away on his cell phone. As he looked out of the corner of
his eye, he noticed a large group of reporters hovering around.

"Yes . and how can I help you today?" he asked playfully, hanging up the
cell phone.

Dillon hadn't been speaking with the media for weeks, noting he was too old
to do so. His reference to age was tied to media speculation concerning
running backs that struggle once they turn 30.

Dillon, who turned 31 on Monday, stopped his silence during Wednesday's
media access period. Here is the Q&A:

Does it mean anything to you to eclipse 10,000 yards?
"For an old guy whose birthday is the same date at King Tut, that's pretty
good. Coming from sources, I don't know. I don't know what it means to you
guys, but as I look at it, it means over the course of years you've played
in the NFL you've been doing some pretty good things."

How was the bye week -- did you relax?
"I took a stroll in my walker. My family walked me out in the park. We fed
the pigeons. After 10 minutes, they thought that was enough for me and took
me back inside. It was kind of cold. My bones were aching."

Are you having fun with the aging, or does it bother you at some level?
"It doesn't bother me. It doesn't matter to me. I know who I am. Other
people may not know who I am, and that's fine. But as long as I know, it
really doesn't matter ... I don't think I'm the oldest guy in this locker
room. There isn't an age thing that goes around. There are a lot of players
in here older than me, and they go out there and get the job done. I don't
think there is an age policy in this locker room -- for somebody to write
that and say what they had to say, that's absurd. That's them. That's their
own little conclusion about when people turn a certain age. Hey, more power
to them. Me, I don't take it personal at all. I know I can still play this
game and if I couldn't I wouldn't be here."

  • Re: Eric Moulds
    ... >>For some reason I thought he was much older than T.O., ... >>age, it seems like he has been around a lot longer. ... >in the second half of a game and bitching to the media about the ... back into the game. ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Re: Hal Houle
    ... Broken down pool bums like Blackjack David ... of the golden age of pool. ... Many of the all time greats in the game went to his home in San ... And totally ignore any thing that bum Blackjack says. ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: Fed wants to hit with Sampras again
    ... you and ulysses are saying really. ... behind Fed's game? ... go with age is the ability to recover from a match. ... So the solution is to avoid tough matches and/or keep tough ...
    (rec.sport.tennis)
  • age of mytholegy
    ... Need a new product key for Age of Mythology & the Titans Expan ... I installed game with the product key that was provided. ... I still get the same message as before when I try to play online. ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: NBC: Tom Glavine Released From Atlanta Braves
    ... Here's that article about the chances for another 300 game winner: ... He has 139 wins at age 32. ... further proof of just how good Randy Johnson has been - and for how long. ... lessens the chance of it. ...
    (rec.music.artists.springsteen)