Re: OT - Virginia refuses to recognize Lincoln Bicentennial
- From: "David Goldberg" <daagoldberg@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 16 Feb 2007 18:50:51 -0800
On Feb 16, 12:42 pm, theBZA <dewey3kNOS...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Before the vote, Robert Lamb of the Sons of Confederate Veterans told
the committee that supporters of a Virginia celebration of Lincoln's
birth suffer from -- quote -- "historical myopia and amnesia."
He's right. The Lincoln worship in this country is really funny to
watch and is based almost purely on mythology rather than facts.
Lamb said Lincoln sent armies into Virginia to lay waste to the
He's right. The Confederate states legally and peacefully seceded
from the Union, and Lincoln sent in the Army to bring them back into
the Union. This included the mass murder of civilians, burning of
towns and cities, and the waging of "total war" that had rarely been
David Early of the federal Lincoln commission says 10 states have
established commissions either by statute or executive order to
celebrate Lincoln's 200th birthday on February 12th, 2009. He says state
commissions make it easier to coordinate and plan, but are not necessary
for participation in the observance.
Of course not. Since Lincoln absolutely destroyed the concept of
States Rights and put all government power in the hands of the feds,
there's really no need for the states to do anything these days.
- Prev by Date: Re: kobe sux
- Next by Date: Re: KK Hovercraft Service in Borneo launched
- Previous by thread: Re: OT - Virginia refuses to recognize Lincoln Bicentennial
- Next by thread: Re: OT - Virginia refuses to recognize Lincoln Bicentennial