Re: Where to place blame on economic crisis: Reagan's deregulation
- From: dillysdillys@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 18:15:32 -0700 (PDT)
On Sep 24, 11:35 pm, laoming...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
We would never have seen this day if it weren't for that sonofabitch,
Reagan -- he's the jerk who fostered this nightmare. His policies
(Reaganomics) began the deregulation of the banking industry simply
for selfish reasons.
Sorry but your wrong.....
Depository Institutions Deregulatory and Monetary Control Act, Mar 31
used by Dems and the Media to point out the beginning of de-regulation
under Reagan, yet, my friend,
Jimmy Carter was actually President when this bill was drafted....
and it was the 96th Congress who served from January 3 1979 to January
and the Dems held both the house and the Senate.......
This act was made law effective March 31 1980 - Ronald Reagan did not
take office until January of 1981.
96th Congress under President Jimmy Carter
Democrat 58 - Republican 42 - Senate
Democrat 277 - Republican 178 - House
You're buying the lies of the liberal media and Democrats.....oh and
the CRA was established under Jimmy Carter and expanded by Bill
- Prev by Date: It's no longer Dubya. It's Chicken Little!
- Next by Date: BASEBALL NEWS /We are screwed if it passes or not
- Previous by thread: It's no longer Dubya. It's Chicken Little!
- Next by thread: Re: Where to place blame on economic crisis: Reagan's deregulation