Re: Roger and Andy's Yankee records??
- From: Ron Johnson <johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 07:51:13 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 14, 10:09 am, Thermos <cfb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Dec 14, 3:43 am, "blackje...@xxxxxxx" <blackje...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I know Pettitte is like second in wins among Yankee lefties behind
Whitey Ford. I'm sure Roger has some Yankee records too. Do the
Yankees expunge all of Clemens and Pettite's records? There not Major
League Baseball records, their records unique to the Yankee ball club,
so I'm pretty sure Randy Levine would have the power to do this. Do
you think the Steinbrenner family makes that happen?
The quality of some of these posts is remarkable. If I hadn't read
this NG for years, I would think it impsosible that someone could
actually be this dense and presume this would have to be a joke. I
know better, though.
Something to note. I've talked to Sean Forman (baseball-
Sean Lahman (Lahman database) and Dave Smith (retrosheet)
None had any intention of following and MLB directive on
asterisks or records.
Simple way to look at it. MLB maintains Ty Cobb was the AL
batting champ in 1910 and that Steve McCatty led the AL
in era in 1981. If you check baseball-reference you'll
see that Sean ignores MLB. And baseball-refference is
the reference site.
- Prev by Date: www.nikeshoesstock.com sell nike jordan gucci dunk hoodies
- Next by Date: Re: Knoblauch
- Previous by thread: Re: Roger and Andy's Yankee records??
- Next by thread: Re: Roger and Andy's Yankee records??