Re: patriots...

Erasmus "The Mannequin" Brown wrote:
"Thermos" <cfbltw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:e4759276-71e2-468b-8736-868d2b2912b9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
: On Dec 5, 11:04 am, brogs <broga...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
: > i bet my brother after week 6 or 7 they would not go undefeated
: > regular season and playoffs. i still think i will win the bet. i don't
: > think any team ever will. the nfl is to tough. what do you think
:
: I think it is a good bet to bet against any team going undefeated.
: The last 2 games the Patriots have played are a good indication of
: that. Against two clearly inferior opponents the Pats have now had
: to claw and scrape to get by, with some luck thrown in as well. As
: you said, the NFL season is just too difficult.

It seems that in the past few weeks, all the Pats' opponents have had at
least one significant injury (Colts: Marvin Harrison, Bills: Marshawn Lynch,
Eagles: Donovan McNabb). I blame ESPN (just kidding).

Indeed. It also was ESPN and the NFL's fault that Ed Reed fumbled after his interception.

  • Re: patriots...
    ... :> regular season and playoffs. ... Against two clearly inferior opponents the Pats have now had ... the NFL season is just too difficult. ... It seems that in the past few weeks, all the Pats' opponents have had at ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-yankees)
  • Re: Brady out 2 to 4 weeks?
    ... but losing the most important game (NFC Champ game for the Viks, ... pressure Brady will beat the Pats. ... draining and devastating loss in perhaps NFL history. ... because the NFL is full of suprise worst to first teams every year), ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: How do the Patriots keep doing what the Eagles cant
    ... Since Reid became coach in '99, ... And the Pats never come out flat and give away games, ... in the NFL, while using others' cast-offs like RenechCaldwell, ... Andy & Co. might be the the top half or even the top third of the ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.phila-eagles)
  • Pats/Raiders and other opening thoughts
    ... With 4 days to digest the pats victory coupled with the rest of the NFL week one action, I have come to the conclusion that this season is shaping up to be very interesting as there seem to be a lot of good teams, and some head coaches that are learning to take risks. ... How many times can you say "Tom Brady played a solid game, he made no mistakes, found the open receivers, had good command of the offense, and protected the ball". ... My take on Tom Brady and Corey Dillons little peptalk was Dillon was getting down on himself for not being able to get through the mamouth Raider DL and brady was saying "your ime will come stop whining". ...
    (alt.sports.football.pro.ne-patriots)
  • Re: Lowell....Santana:The New Evil Empire
    ... the Pats for taking the FG, or for going for it on 4th down. ... want to criticize. ... I don't know any team in the NFL that would go for it on 4th down ... Tommy Heinsohn and Cousey are fun to listen to. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)