Burnett on DL, will miss two starts

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/03/29/bc.bba.bluejays.burnett.ap/

A.J. Burnett won't make his first two starts of the season and will go
on the disabled list.

Burnett threw off a mound on Tuesday for the first time since taking
himself out of a game March 18 complaining about elbow pain.

An MRI exam showed it was just scar tissue breaking away from his
right elbow, and the team has been cautious. Ricciardi said Burnett
will make his first start against the Chicago White Sox on April 16.

"He's going to miss his first two starts," Blue Jays general manager
J.P. Ricciardi said Wednesday from Dunedin, Fla. "We could probably
bring him back a little quicker, but I think all things being equal
this allows him to keep him totally on track to where he's supposed to
be."

Burnett signed a $55 million, five-year contract during the offseason,
three years after elbow surgery.
.