Re: Where did David Wright go so wrong ?
- From: montygraham <monty1945@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 20:55:16 -0700 (PDT)
How many more years does he get to "slump?" If the Mets want to spend
huge money (on him and a bunch of FAs), then they can bat him sixth or
seventh and he'd probably do better, but does anyone think that's
going to happen? They now have a mostly "youth movement" team on the
field, and he's demonstrating that there is no reason for him to be
out there. He's not going to contribute enough to justify the money
they would have to pay, and that money can be used for other players
who might actually get the job done. Do you really want to see Wright
play this way for the next seven years in a Mets' uniform? Do you
want the Mets to have the all-time strikeout "king?" Otherwise, I
don't see the point to him staying with the Mets, and it looks like he
really needs a "change of scenery." Let's wish him the best (except
when he plays against the Mets) and try to get some good prospects for
- Prev by Date: now 4th place NL East last place here we come
- Next by Date: Re: Where did David Wright go so wrong ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Where did David Wright go so wrong ?
- Next by thread: Re: Where did David Wright go so wrong ?