A "Guest Column," at WFAN.Com
- From: jameshburns@xxxxxxxxx (Jim Burns)
- Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:49:03 -0400
I thought that some of you might get a kick out of this...!
Magical Pathway Through Hallowed New York Ground « CBS New York
How can there have been virtually no mention of one of the most amazing
sights one will ever witness in New York?
I was taken by surprise the other day by a local landmark, and was
perhaps even more astonished because this particular vision might no
longer exist with the next few weeks, and will certainly be gone
forever, by the coming months...
Yankee Stadium, the original, that is, has been reduced to a cavern of
debris, viewable only through the spaces in the fence that now surrounds
But conversely, cutting across this shire of destruction, there's also a
kind of MAGICAL pathway (if equally underreported), connecting across
the street from the new Stadium's Babe Ruth Plaza, to an adjunct of
Maybe it was the fancifulness of a gentleman at either end of that path
playing "Take Me Out to the Balgame" on a plastic flute, their piping
drifting through the waves of heat...
Jim Burns (James H. Burns)
- Prev by Date: Re: What is the "bottom line" on Wright and Reyes, going forward ?
- Next by Date: Re: What is the "bottom line" on Wright and Reyes, going forward ?
- Previous by thread: Re: Palin to speak in Iowa in September, YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!!!!
- Next by thread: David Wright - the Wright STUFF!!