Re: Only the coupon Wilpons !!!!
- From: Uncle AbogadoŽ <siempredelirando@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 23:53:28 -0500
On Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:37:04 -0500, Bill <billrubin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On 2/3/2010 5:06 PM, jonathan wrote:
So despite the subject line, the author doesn't say the Wilpons
haven't spent money.
And this is why I get upset when I see them called "coupon". There is no
evidence that they've been cheap. Stupid, maybe. Bad decisions, sure.
They've got what, the top payroll in the NL (or #2)? Only an idiot would
call them cheap. Yes, they have a budget and won't go over it, unlike
the Yankees. What is wrong with that?
It seems to me that much of that money is being spent on older
commitments, though. and they've been extraordinarily tight-fisted
when it comes to expanding upon that budget over the last couple of
years. It's difficult to look at the way they handled the Billy
Wagner situation, for instance, and not come away with the impression
that this organization is pinching pennies wherever it can.
-- Uncle A®
27*!! 27*!! 27*!!
- Prev by Date: Re: Rating the trolls on asbnym
- Next by Date: Re: They certainly are in a Fogg
- Previous by thread: Re: Only the coupon Wilpons !!!!
- Next by thread: Re: Only the coupon Wilpons !!!!