Re: Josh Thole, C

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009 10:42:10 -0700, Met-in-PR wrote:

Any reason why he is not either at AAA or with the Mets already? A
left-handed hitter who has done an excellent job with the bat over the
past two years:

Team Year Avg Obp Slg Ops Hr Rbi Bb So Ab
SLU 2008 .300 .382 .427 .808 5 56 45 38 347
BIN 2009 .337 .405 .441 .846 1 37 34 29 288

He hasn't develop the power, but his plate discipline has been
outstanding (more BB than SO for two seasons in a row). I know his
catching skills are still developing and many scouts feel he will end
up as a backup catcher at ML level. But I'm pretty sure he can be an
upgrade offensively (right now) over both Schneider and Santos. And
with Sandy Alomar on the staff (apparently he worked with Santos on
his catching skills and really paid off), why not bring him to the big
club for the rest of the year?

If he won't be a catcher, maybe it's time to move him to another
position. Can he play 2B? ;-) Don't know what the future is, but you
got to find a position for a player who has control of the strike zone
like Thole.

Met-in-PR

PD: Niese was born the day the Mets won game 7 of the World Series
(10/27/1986), and Thole the next day......when they were all drunk
from the celebration!!! So I guess they were both born to be Mets!!
LOL!!

Did you read my post earlier on this?

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium

.