Re: Do something...

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:34:21 -0400, Uncle Abogado® wrote:

As the Scott Kazmir trade demonstrated, panic moves are generally the
worst moves of all. The best thing the Mets can do now is nothing
-- this has become a lost season, so they might as well dump the
unproductive, aging vets like Tatis and Hernandez -- players who
clearly don't factor in the team's long term plans anyway -- and just
commit to a youth movement the rest of the way. It won't be pretty
to watch, but when you can't do anything positive, it's best to at
least not do any harm.

-- Uncle A®

Agreed but the Farm is really bare. The can focus on the farm the rest of
the season and put their scouting to use. They should also pick up a few
draft picks at the end of the season, especially if Delgado is leaving.

Ruben

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium

  • Re: Josh Thole, C
    ... Niese was born the day the Mets won game 7 of the World Series ... http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software ... You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Mike Schmidt: Mets know Phillies are better than them
    ... ‘big’ things result, tough at-bats, lots of walks, stay up the middle ... The problem is the Phillies extend so much energy to beat the Mets that ... http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software ... You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Same Offense, same defense
    ... If Garcia is healthy, Mets may have an big upside in the rotation. ... http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software ... You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Think To Next Season, Trade Delgado!
    ... In this instance the Mets could make a deal that could satisfy ... I would trade to get Kazmir back. ... http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software ... You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: [opensuse] Getting Rid of postfix and exim on my laptop
    ... http://www.nylxs.com - Leadership Development in Free Software ... "Yeah - I write Free Software...so SUE ME" ... You must be a stupid engineer then, because politcs and technology have been attached at the hip since the 1st dynasty in Ancient Egypt. ...
    (SuSE)