Re: Sandy Alomar Sr. as the next Met manager?

On 2009-06-17 08:38:13 -0400, "Jim S." <justjim3333@xxxxxxxxx> said:

On Jun 17, 7:55 am, Phil <p...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2009-06-17 04:24:04 -0400, Microcos...@xxxxxxxxx (Jim) said:

I think Phil should be the next manager. Or, one of the other three
stooges.

I don't think that would be such a good idea, really. I mean, it's
understandable that you should admire and, frankly, envy my baseball
acumen and overall intelligence, but I'm really nothing special. It's
only in comparison to your own feebleness that I appear to have such
great ability.

So please, don't heap me with your praise; it's embarrassing. You
should save your embarrassment for yourself. You deserve it.

Hey Phil, I think Spanky up there would be a great manager. This
team needs more discipline.

They've been very, very naughty boys, haven't they? I'm sure Spanky wouldn't mind giving them a good, hard, stimulating spanking to teach them a lesson they'll never forget. He'd probably even get it on video at no extra charge.

I'll bet that'd be a sure-fire incentive to make sure FMart never fails to run out a fly ball again...

  • Re: Sandy Alomar Sr. as the next Met manager?
    ... understandable that you should admire and, frankly, envy my baseball ... don't heap me with your praise; it's embarrassing. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Sandy Alomar Sr. as the next Met manager?
    ... stooges. ... I mean, it's understandable that you should admire and, frankly, envy my baseball acumen and overall intelligence, but I'm really nothing special. ... don't heap me with your praise; it's embarrassing. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Joe Wests "embarrassing" comments
    ... chief of the umpiring crew that worked the three-game series in ... "It's pathetic and embarrassing. ... anyone as FAT as Joe West be an umpire. ... in baseball, a joke. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Where are the "I" LifeStyle advocates?
    ... Jerry Kindall wrote: ... Only that envy is one of the seven deadly sins. ... Rest assured that there is absolutely no envy here. ... There you go embarrassing the boy. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)