Re: Message to Ruben and Mary1973: we will rename your posts as soon as we figure out how to do it

On Mar 23, 1:28 pm, Matt <matttel...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mar 23, 11:18 am, "Mr. and Mr. Boen" <JohnAndBillB...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

On Mar 23, 10:13 am, Matt <matttel...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mar 23, 6:47 am, "Mr. and Mr. Boen" <JohnAndBillB...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

As soon as we figure it out, we will being renaming the posts of Ruben
and Mary1973, let's see how they like that!

John and Bill Boen

As you are using Google Groups to post from, that isn't going to
happen. It
doesn't allow you to change a subject title by a reply. You would have
create a new thread to do so.

Matt

Phooey!  There has got to be a way.  What else can we use besides
Google Groups to post from, as that can be our way of changing the
Subject Lines for Ruben's and Mary1973's posts - see how they like it!

Google Groups isn't a true newsreader. If you want one, you will need
NNTP provider (basically a server for news). If you have those things,
you
can change anything you want, including header information. I've never
really
had the interest in doing so, so I can't tell you which would be best
for you.
As for newsreaders, I happen to prefer FreeAgent, but that's just me,
you can
use anything from Microsoft Outlook to free ones.

Matt

Matt - thanks. We will look into getting one of those more advanced
newsreaders. Thanks!!!

John and Bill Boen

  • Re: IJDB rec.juggling interface down?
    ... Google groups is very good, however I do not like the way that it presents ... newsreaders' are entitled to their opinions, ... i use thunderbird at home and ijdb at work and i have to say, ... i know one thing - you don't hear ijdb users bitching about top posting ...
    (rec.juggling)
  • Re: Mendel refutes evolution
    ... Google Groups, but the convenience in one area costs in others. ... They use an RSS reader to fetch the items? ... Some of us use actual *newsreaders*, the likes of which predated RSS, HTML, ... articles in busy groups like this one. ...
    (talk.origins)
  • Re: -crawl- traps n apportation
    ... >> There are excellent newsreaders out there, people, and there are free ... > It doesn't suck if you respect a few simple rules, ... That's the only valid reason IMO for using Google Groups, ...
    (rec.games.roguelike.misc)
  • Re: AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down
    ... >>>offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. ... >> Goodbye, RMMGA. ... I've used nothing but Google Groups for at least the last three ... I've used unix newsreaders like TIN, ...
    (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
  • Re: To unicode or not to unicode
    ... Since popular newsreaders like Google Groups and Outlook ... Express can display the message correctly without the MIME headers, ... Python and in any communication across the Internet (may it be NNTP, ...
    (comp.lang.python)