Re: Reyes to be back in Mets camp soon.

On 3/11/2009 1:09 AM, Bill wrote:
On 3/10/2009 10:22 PM, David wrote:
Man them Nederlanders can play some baseball.

While that is good news for the Mets, the bad news is that Pedro won't
be pitching any more WBC games to audition for the Mets (or any other
team).

BTW, in checking the box score, I see that Pedro did pitch another 3 perfect innings, with 2 strikeouts. However, Minaya is quoted in articles today as saying he's going to fill the slot from inside. Maybe he's just posturing to get a better deal from Pedro.

Bill

  • Re: Omar is simply a god
    ... I would keep Pedro as number 1. ... may have signed with the Mets because of Pedro. ... I can't believe the moves Omar made are going to make him ... Latino players ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Pedro had lower back discomfort.
    ... that pedro told him something. ... > Pedro Martinez felt mild discomfort in his lower back. ... And with the Mets ... Willie Randolph seemingly could turn the game over ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: The Ramirez situation
    ... he's already burned two of the richest, the sox and the dodgers. ... the yanks and mets are both stupid enough to bite. ... Pedro had a torn labrum. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Pedro and Postseason
    ... A number of the anti-Patro brigade said that Pedro was going to the ... Mets for the money and was giving up his chances for the post season ... Wagner scares me, too. ... I've had 13 players go on the DL, ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)
  • Re: Who takes the fall?
    ... The Red Sox offered perfectly good contracts to Martinez, ... >> but the Mets offered more. ... > Pedro, and in his words, this was disrespectful. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.bos-redsox)