Re: The "Delgado play" was not his fault
- From: Doctor Chen <phdchen@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2008 10:08:42 -0400
On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 22:34:31 GMT, Jesse <jess225107nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Doctor Chen wrote:
That easy double play ball mishandled by Delgado was not his fault. IA bit unfair.
don't know why Reyes, in a situation like that, stands flat up on the
base when he should of either stand on the left or right of the base
to give Delgado a target. Delgado did the right thing by hitting the
target Reyes setup, but unfortunately Reyes was right on top of the
The only thing I can think of is Reyes wasn't thinking (again?)
If Delgado's throw is off line either way, best way to protect is be in
center of bag.
You don't get it. Anyone that plays baseball knows that play is one
of the toughest if the person at 2B doesn't setup a good target. The
1B throws to where the 2B defender are. Reyes should of been to the
side towards the outfield. Or, 2nd option, the side towards the
pitcher (tougher play), the last thing Reyes should be is right on top
of the bag. This is not fancy footwork but fundamental baseball.
- Prev by Date: Re: Opening Day
- Next by Date: Re: The "Delgado play" was not his fault
- Previous by thread: Re: The "Delgado play" was not his fault
- Next by thread: Re: The "Delgado play" was not his fault