Re: The stupidity of NY fans

mrbrklyn wrote:
On Oct 4, 11:13 am, Grimm-RHD <dw...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Oct 4, 9:31 am, "HR" <PhilIsMyBi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Tom Glavine has been the best pitcher on the staff. He has
contributed all season and unfortunately he had the bad game which resulted
in disaster. But to blame him and want to get rid of him is stupid. The
whole team blew the season and Glavine is a scapegoat. And for another
thing, Willie should have pulled Tom when it was so obvious that he didn't
have the stuff Sunday.

While I will say that judging Glavine based on the final game is a
knee-jerk reaction...much like wanting to fire Willie is. But really
when it concerns Glavine, does it matter what we think? He has a
players option...HE controls where he goes.

Grimm-RHD

If Glavine is ever in a Mets Uniform again, I'll be boycotting the
team and it will be a long time after he goes that I'll come back.

I hate Glavine, and the stats quoted here are bogus crap. He's sucked
for years.

Ruben

I disagree he sucks........... but let's try this shoe on for size. In
no way is he worth 13 million next year. How's that fit? I like that
one better. He has NEVER been a big game pitcher how could we expect
that to change at age 102? The only top flight big game pitcher
Atlanta ever had was John Smoltz. Maddux has pedestrian playoff
numbers and so does Tom Glavine. Goodbye....Thanks for a few years and
if Atlanta wants him for 10 million while watching Jones walk good
luck to them too. Pelfrey showed promise at the end of the year,
combine that with Perez, Maine and Pedro and let Minaya do what he
gets paid for and find a number 1 as well as build the bullpen.

  • Re: NYT Article on Next Season
    ... I read this as Glavine leaving. ... "If the Mets decide that a free agent like Barry Zito or the Japanese ... "You can't go too old or too young," Minaya said. ... swept the first-round playoff series before losing to St. Louis in Game ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: If we win tonight...
    ... don't pitch Glavine on short rest in the fifth game. ... I know he threw few innings but I dislike throwing a pitcher who is hot ... his fifth game starter based on how this series is progressing. ... hanging as to whether or not he's going to pitch the next day. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Glavine
    ... actually pitched against Atlanta 5 times last year. ... then the Glavine of the first half. ... I think this is a big game. ... Let's hope this game we score a first inning run or two because it might ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: The stupidity of NY fans
    ... The whole team blew the season and Glavine is a scapegoat. ... next year, and simply put, he's just not a big game pitcher. ... they are not traded for such big arm), then they can let one of either ... and I think if he's ever healthy enough to be in the playoffs ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Tom Glavine (a.k.a. Kenny Rogers II) signs with Atlanta
    ... I am with all the Tom Glavine haters, ... The 303-game winner returned to the Atlanta Braves on Sunday, ... Mets, and it was clear the crafty left-hander wanted to finish his ... Glavine won two games in that series, including a 1-0 triumph in Game ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)