Hopefully, these guys will not be Mets in 2008

Here are a list of current, and hopefully not future, Mets, players
who shouldn't and probably won't be back next year.

*David Newhan
*Aaron Sele
*Guillermo Mota
*Brian Lawrence

None of these contributed very much this past year.

Of the remaining Mets, some question marks, including.

*Orlando Hernandez and Tom Glavine - somehow I doubt that both will be
back.
*Jorge Sosa - a real enigma to me, who started out effectively and
then collapsed later in the season.
*Paul LoDuca - I happen to like the guy and hope he'll be back
*Shawn Green - I'd like him to come back, but as a bench player
*Lastings Milledge - I still like his potential and hope he'll be back
*Jose Valentin - may not be needed
*Duaner Sanchez - can he come back healthy?
*Ambiorix Burgos - can be effective if healthy, but that's a big if.

  • Re: The 2008 All-Former New York Mets Team
    ... Go through all of the MLB rosters and search for former Mets and see where everybody is, of course, and then make a team out of it. ... The criterion was that the players had to be on a 40-man roster or disabled list as of this past weekend. ... The bench is fairly comparable, possibly with the formers having the edge considering that one of Nady or Floyd would be on the bench also. ... Bannister, aside from the injury that ended his Met tenure, has been healthy and effective for Kansas City. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • The 2008 All-Former New York Mets Team
    ... Are the 2008 Mets better than the 2006 and 2007 versions? ... The criterion was that the players had to be on a 40-man roster or disabled ... possibly with the formers having the edge ... If all five were healthy, ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: What a "low yield" team
    ... Mets probably had a right to expect better than what they got. ... He was a 5 or 6 time all star, had a great close, ... I referred to a decline. ... Like most of the players you've ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Future Mets Manager
    ... I know you like you players young, ... the Mets. ... I agree he's a good candidate to be the manager, ... Leadership Development in Free Software ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)
  • Re: Article re the Mets failure to trade for Victor Martinez
    ... being a glass-half empty fan is part of being a Mets fan. ... No farm system, which means no future. ... don't like is he locks onto certain players. ... His high draft picks have been weak at best. ...
    (alt.sports.baseball.ny-mets)